Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtonne
Level 7

Powering on Roku TV, the system automatically reverting to sound bar

When I power up my Hisense Roku TV, with the Roku Sound Bar Connected, initially the home screen from the TV shows up, with the AV/input choices along the top of the home screen (OA antenna, and other input choices depending on what you have plugged into the TV).  But at the same time there is a message that the system is reverting to  the Sound Bar after 10 seconds, which I can not stop.  So after the count down the system reverts to the sound bar,  so that everything goes through the sound bar, which is ok, but that also changes the home screen, and I loose home screen icons mentioned above, and the ability to choose one of those inputs that I mentioned above.  Specifically I am not able to go to my fire stick.  How can I have the ability to transition between the Roku tv home screen, and the Roku Sound bar home screen.  I don't see anything in settings.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Powering on Roku TV, the system automatically reverting to sound bar

Using the remote for the Roku sound bar, go into settings> system> control other devices(CEC)> uncheck 1-Touch Play.

Also now using the Roku Tv remote try settings> system> power> Power Home screen> make its set to roku tv home screen and not the soundbar. 

Edmund
jtonne
Level 7

Thank you for your reply, this is what I am seeing.  in system>Control other devices, all I have is one choice, and that is 1-touch play.  I did un-check it if that helps.  But I powered off and back on and no change, still get the 10 second count down to revert to sound bar. 

For your second suggestion:  In the system menu there is no "Power" option in the menu.  In the system menu there is "Control other devices", "Screen mirroring", "System Update", "System Restart", "Guest Mode", "Advanced System Settings".  In advanced system settings, I disabled Device Connect, but after turning off the TV and back on, the system took a little longer but still the countdown came up and it reverted to the sound bar menu.

In settings I also went into "Control other devices" and unchecked "1 touch play", which says it automatically tells the tv to switch its active source/input to your Roku Soundbar on any remote key press.  But what I am trying to do is the opposite, to switch from sound bar to TV, I guess. Again, because the menu with the sound bar active is not the same as the stand alone tv menu.   

Another observation.  When the TV powers up and the count down to the sound bar appears, it shows the word "Cancel" with a white background, but when I press OK or enter, it does not cancel it.  I I can activate that cancel option, that would fine.  Anymore insight?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

First make sure the Roku tv background theme is different from the Roku Sound bar background theme. After the push from Roku most are all set to the same purple Home Together theme. I have three roku tv's, all have a power option in the system page menu. A Tcl, Hisense, and Insignia. The sound bar menu wouldn't have the power option, so I'm hoping you were on the wrong roku?

I will be getting Roku sound bar in the next couple of days, it was on sale at HSN. Smiley Happy

Edmund
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Say we don't figure this out, it keeps on switching to the sound bar home screen after powering up the tv, with roku tv remote in hand just press the home button and your back to tv home screen with the tv inputs, just as easy as clicking cancel.

Edmund
0 Kudos
jtonne
Level 7

Thank you Tivoburkee, With the Roku TV remote, and pressing home, it did take me back to the Roku TV Home screen showing the other inputs.  Thanks.  I just wish the sound continued to come through the sound bar and not just the TV when in that mode.  But I can always get my sound bar remote and go back to Sound Bar mode when I don't need to view anything associated with the inputs.  If that is the best we can do it is acceptable.  

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

I'll be getting a roku sound bar delivered this weedend or Monday, I'll see what I come up with?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

So after getting my Roku SB, and having it hooked up to Roku tv, the only time I see the pop-up screen telling me its switching to the Sound Bar, is when I use the SB remote and press the power key to turn on the TV. If I use the tv remote it doesn't do it. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
jtonne
Level 7

Yes Edmund I learned that as well.  Thank you.  If I turn on the TV with The SB Roku remote, it still reverts with the timer to the SB, but while in the SB mode, I can grab my Roku TV remote, and press home.  So it then goes back to non SB Roku TV remote, the mode in which I can go to my fire stick, and OA antenna, which is the reason I started the whole Roku community question in the first place--How to go from SB mode home page, to Roku TV Home page (not SB).  Thank you to the community for the help.  I am not on to getting the Woofer later this week.  until next time.  Joe

0 Kudos