Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possessed ONN Roku TV, black eyes

We turned on our TV and everything looks good. You click into Hulu, Paramount +, anything really and then you click in to watch a show and all of the characters look possessed. Their eyes are black and parts of their faces. We've tried unplugging and plugging back, turning on and off. I am at my wits end. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this. How did you fix it??

14 REPLIES 14
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Possessed ONN Roku TV, black eyes

Hey @Sjewell6819

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jblara

Have you figured it out? It’s happening to me and I can’t find anyone but you who experienced it!

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @jblara

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TheWayne
Reel Rookie

Did u ever get this figured out?

This just started with one of my Roku tvs. The thumbnails look fine (YouTube) , but when you play them the people look demonic; blacked out eyes and much of the screen is red.  

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @TheWayne

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? How long has the issue been occurring?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
skeesix95

Did you find a solution? This just happened to me today. 

0 Kudos
TheWayne
Reel Rookie

Yes - Here are the steps I used to fix this... 

1. Start one of the channels (YouTube or Hulu)

2. Select a video to watch and play it.

3. Once the selection is playing - hit the "*" button on the remote

4. Select "Picture Settings" - then "Picture Mode"

5. Change the setting to anything not "Low Power" - Done (I selected "Movie"). 

The issues seems to be caused by a recent power outage that occurred overnight almost undetected. 

Hope this helps. 

chca235

This worked!! Thank you so much

0 Kudos

This worked for us as well!! Lifesaver!! Thank you!

0 Kudos