Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Please HELP. My Roku TV has someone else's acct!!

Jump to solution

I have a NEW TV, a TCL 43" HDTV with Roku built in! 

It has someone else's acct on it. 

When I bought the TV, I thought it was brand new. However, trying to establish subscriptions, I've noticed other accts on some of those subscriptions. 

Trying to DL new streams, it's asking for a Roku PIN which I never established one, and the Roku Acct I have online still had my old TV listed. Though I removed that one, I try to "Activate" this TV for my Roku, and it shows an acct already exists on my TV! Their is an EMAIL listed, and it's NOT MINE! 

How Do I remove this acct that is not mine from my TV?? It's possible, the TV I bought, from a reputable TV discount outline in the Phx, AZ Metro area, may been previously used. The TV was perfect condition, in original box, with original manufacturing. I never suspect it was previously used, til now. 

The email listed showing the acct screen also says "Garage TV" above the email, as if someone named it that. Same about screen shows my current wifi, my ip and MAC address, etc. Any chance if previous owner logs on to his Roku Acct online, he sees this information, am I in danger of him hacking or tracking me? 

I just want to know mainly how to remove this old account? Any way to do so without having to "Factory Reset?" I've already established some subscriptions on it, setup my Wifi (very long, annoying password)! IF I can remove the old acct from my TV, without Factory Resetting, I would be much better off! I can't figure out how! 

Thanks! 
Dman

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 20

Re: Please HELP. My Roku TV has someone else's acct!!

Jump to solution

No, it has to be factory reset, sorry. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 20

Jump to solution

No, it has to be factory reset, sorry. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue except someoen is not only in my roku acct theyre in my facebook both emails and have access to my phones via a mirroring app...go to the top right of your screen on your computer and right click the 3 dots to bring down a screen go down to where it says more tools to the left of the box....itll bring up a developer site ....click it and watch these hackery bootleg software writers who all have made up "secure certificates" block and divert all your requests......ever feel like a website just didnt look quite right??...then see if you can disable call forwarding on your cell phone>..if you cant hit me up cause i know also go back and actually READ THE ENTIRE END USER agreement ...not the privacy policy but the END USER one .....you;; be shocked at what they are allowed to do with your information..

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

im not even the admin on my brand new computer ....

0 Kudos