Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Designwallah
Binge Watcher

Play on Roku feature not working on TCL Roku TV

Play on Roku is the feature to share photos from a mobile device to a Roku player or Roku TV. I cannot find any discussions on this feature because the words “Play” and “Roku” are too common.

This feature does not work on my Roku TV, from the Roku app on either an Android smartphone or an Apple iPad.

The correct Roku TV (TCL 55R617 Roku TV) is selected on the Roku app. I launch Play on Roku by selecting the Media icon. I then select Photos and navigate to my images folders and select an image. The TV screen is on Roku Home. When I select an image Roku Home screen fades to black for half a second, then returns - the image does not get displayed.

All software is updated to the latest versions. How do I solve this problem?

FOR REFERENCE

When you want to display personal media files on your TV screen, you may be able to use the Play on Roku feature built in to the free Roku mobile app for iOS® and Android devices. Play on Roku lets you share photos, videos, and songs stored on your compatible mobile device to your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. After you launch the mobile app and choose what to view from your phone or tablet, it will appear on your TV.

How do I use Play on Roku?

1. Open the Roku mobile app on your phone or tablet.
  2. If you have not already done so, connect your Roku device to the mobile app.
    1. Select the Devices icon Devices icon on Roku mobile app from the navigation bar.
    2. Select your Roku device.
  3. Once your Roku device is connected, launch Play on Roku by selecting the Media icon photos button on Roku mobile app.
  4. Select either Music, Photos, or Videos to begin choosing what to share from your mobile device. When prompted, grant access to your media library allowing the Roku mobile app to share your content.
  5. Select the photos, videos or songs to share on your TV.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Designwallah
Binge Watcher

Re: Play on Roku feature not working on TCL Roku TV

Strangely, this feature DOES work on another TCl Roku TV (32S327-CA).

0 Kudos