Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Picture settings won’t change.

I saw this menu change as well. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

First time having this issue myself. I bought the TCL R617 early last year so all of these issues right now is unfortunate. That said, I just restarted the TV and it works again, thankfully. This mixed with the fact that expert settings on the Roku app isn't working is... Bad. Something went wrong with the latest updates. I thought something was up earlier today because the motion was awkward and the image seemed overly sharp. It wasn't until just now I realized I was having the same exact issue though as I tried changing the settings. So it not only won't allow you to configure the options, but it makes the image worse. I am hoping that the restart to the TV fixed it for good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have only had my tv for just over a week. When I turned it on today, if I am on the Cable app the picture is just fine but if I select the Cable, the picture is so dark I had to put the set on movie mode and it's watchable. Netflix picture is also distorted. Do I return the tv? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

9.4 is an absolute mess.  I cant believe how badly this "update" has destroyed the experience.  Frozen picture settings, broken HDR, game breaking input lag, buggy HDMI ports, ect.  They need to do a little more testing before rolling this **bleep** out.  Or at least give us a way to revert.  They don't seem to be in any rush to fix this mess either. Im thinking the new Chromecast with Google TV might be a better investment.

Highlighted
Level 7

Luckily I'd only had the TV a week so took it back to the shop and replaced with an Android TV set. This was my first experience of owning a Roku OS device and sadly it will be my last. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I love Roku but this update is absolute trash.  They have never, to my knowledge, broke the experience this bad before.  I think this is probably the way it will go from now on though.  They've got their OS on so many different manufacturers sets that there is bound to be compatibility problems (for the TV's with Roku baked into them anyway)  I will grab a new chromecast, set the roku to start-up on that input, and just avoid Roku until they wake the **bleep** up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I already had an Nvidia shield hooked up to the TV so didn't really need the Roku interface. It was nice and quick to use but I had a good alternative. All I wanted was a TV that would save it's settings after I had calibrated them. Obviously too much to ask. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Exactly.  I don't know how 9.4 rolled out the door in this state.

0 Kudos