Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Picture settings won’t change.

My TCL Roku tv 55S423 just recently started not giving me the ability to adjust the picture settings. Example, whenever I go to adjust from the cool/normal/warm settings, there is no visible change. The backlight will not adjust either. Also when I go into the app and select advanced picture settings, the gamma settings do not change as well. It will work if I restart the tv. However, if I change to another hdmi input, the picture settings default back to a darker picture and will not change unless I restart the tv again. I tried factory resetting the tv and that worked for a few hours and then it went back to not letting me change anything again. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Picture settings won’t change.

I had a similar problem with my 625 and I had to go into settings > system > power and do a system restart. Took a moment or two to reboot but everything was fixed afterwards. Hope that helps!

Level 8

This same thing has stated happening to me just recently. Restarting the device was the first thing I did and, while it helped for a bit, it didn't last long. 

I use a calibrated "Movie" picture mode across all inputs and when this glitch (or whatever it is) happens, it looks to be stuck in "Vivid" mode. It has extreme brightness and colors and, like the original poster said, any setting I change has no visible effect. 

Restarting the TV did fix it until I changed inputs. Then I had to restart the TV again. Sometimes when this glitch happens, the color will appear posterized which tells me there is something much more concerning going on.

Has TCL acknowledged this issue? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Steven409  Mine seems to have sorted itself out. I had to reset mine a couple of times. I found that if I were streaming through any of the apps ie:Netflix, Hulu etc, the tv would not allow me to change any of the settings again. So one more factory reset and I don’t use any of the apps and it seems to still be working fine. My guess is there is a botched update. No idea if they’ve addressed it or not. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am experiencing the same issue. I factory rest the tv and that worked for awhile. Then it happened again. Now if i reset the tv it works but i cant change the input without it happening again. I hope this gets addressed soon, it's driving me crazy.

0 Kudos