Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j4315
Level 8

Picture settings unusable after recent 9.4 update - Hisense Roku TV

HI All

Having purchased my Roku TV just over a week ago ive been very happy and pleased with its performance until a recent update.  I dont have the buiild number which it upgraded to unfortunately as ive managed to roll back (only temporarily as I understand) to 9.3.  The issues I had were:

Picture settings would randomly reset, and without doing a reset some aspects could not be changed again.  Items such as Gamma, and picture mode did not make any difference to the picture even though they were selectable in their respective menus.

A lot of flickering was introduced on changing sources after the update.  Before the update source changes were smooth, even if at different resolutions, with the new update it seemed to flicker 3-4 times before changing source, maybe a handshake issue?

Hopefully someone can help.  Ive now downgraded back to 9.3 using the secret menu, and checking for updates bring back a message that im all up to date,  Presumably this will be short lived?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlaskaCaroline
Level 7

Re: Picture settings unusable after recent 9.4 update - Hisense Roku TV

Please tell me how to downgrade .. picture settings keep resetting after recent update Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@AlaskaCaroline 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-summary of the issue you are experiencing
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tsunami231
Level 10

how did you down grade to 9.3.0

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Level 10

Re: Picture setting are random get reset to defualt

Picture setting are random get reset to defualt and when this happen you can change anything till the system is restarted after restart the picture setting are restored to the setting they were.

I know there other reporting the above issue too

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Level 10

I just had my picture  setting today (11/21)  reset to defualt today, and upon checking change the setting did absolutely nothing, I restarted the tv and was ready to re input all the picture setting on TV then I noticed the setting where back to way I had set them.

At least dont have reinput the setting each time this happens.9.3.0 had issue and now so does 9.4.0 (multiple issues..

7118x

ID 84-469-233

0 Kudos
PieMan
Level 9

Re: 9.4.0 build introduced screen black outs

Since I've only had 1 HDMI plugged in at a time I've never had the issue again. I tried pugging in a second HDMI again the other day and issue returned. I would think you could unplug the HDMI at the device vs behind the TV but my setup is actually easier to pull HDMI at TV side. As far as picture settings I've not had the issue recently but there is a long thread of this happening from a prior update specifically with motion smoothing: https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Motion-Smoothing-Issues-on-new-TCL/td-p/554514/highlight/f...

It's pretty clear from my 10 months of TCL ownership their updates are not tested as well as they need to be before release. When the TV works its a great picture for the price paid but with these constant issues I could never recommend a friend to get this brand.

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Level 10

Re: 9.4.0 build introduced screen black outs

in all honesty this Picture setting get deflated  easy be realated to the gamemode glitch happen in 9.3.0, default setting have that disable and when the setting go defaulted  everything need to be system restarted to go back to work like with the 9.3.0 gamemode bugg, irnonicly was also report in pro update to 9.3.0.

I have had this tv since 2018 and I didnt have a SINGLE issue till the 9.3.0 hit since then has been issue after issue.

I will not not buy another roku tv if this software issue continue. I have 3 Roku TV and all 3 of them are show this Picture setting defaulting issue where nothing work till the tv is restarted after which the setting get reinstated. and all the 3 of them had gamemode bug in 9.3.0 far as i can tell it was fixed in 9.4.0 then again it could got bugged when i switch input off console back to dish which when the picture setting were defaulted, which when said wth is Action smoothing on, cause by defalt that is on and have that off on all inputs and all picture setting at which time I restarted the tv.

As far as I can tell with Black out/flicker issue I having with HDR on ps4, it only happen IF Dish input is connected, seeing it only input that always outputing a image  as there is no " off" short of unpluging it.

PC hdmi dont effect it cause it no active. I started to just pull the dish receivers power when I use my ps4 and so far it has not happen

Roku need to do much better job of testing update before pushing them in to wild

0 Kudos