Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Phillips blu Ray/dvd player

I am trying to connect my Phillips blu Ray/dvd player to my Roku Hisense tv via hdmi cable but it is not popping anything up at all. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Phillips blu Ray/dvd player

@Gc_marie32 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you made sure to change the input to the appropriate HDMI port that your player is attached to? Have you also tried switching out the HDMI cable that you are using to connect your player? We would also try using another HDMI port on your Roku TV to see if that resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Check Phillips Official guide:

It is possible to connect your Philips DVD player to your TV with a component video cable. Follow these simple steps below to find out how:

Before you start

Make sure that your TV has a component video connector (the connector can be labelled Y/CB/CR, Y/PB/PR or Y/U/V)

Get a component video cable (red/green/blue cable) and an audio cable (red/white). Component video cables are not supplied.

See the illustration below for an example of how to connect:

Connect the component video cable to the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT connector on your player and the COMPONENT VIDEO IN connector on your TV. Match the color of each cable to the connector.

Connect the audio cables to the AUDIO OUT connectors on your player and the AUDIO IN connectors on your TV. Match the color of each cable to the connector.

If your problem persists, check more DVD player not connecting troubleshooting tips.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Roku tv's don't have component inputs. 

Edmund
0 Kudos