Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebeardeddj
Level 7

Phillips Roku TV Stuck on "Searching for Update screen"

My TV, just a few months old, starting acting weird yesterday. It wouldn't open any app, it said it was connected to the wifi. I rebooted our modem and the tv and the other Rokus in our house work fine.  After rebooting the modem I selected check for updates and it is now stuck on that screen, the wheel is moving but no buttons on the remote will work or even make a noise. I left the tv unplugged all night and plugged it back in this morning and it is still on that screen.

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Phillips Roku TV Stuck on "Searching for Update screen"

@thebeardeddj 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku TV to see if this resolves your issue?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
thebeardeddj
Level 7

I did the reset and now I’m back at the software update page with the checking for new software wheel spinning.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@thebeardeddj 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and get your Roku TV set back up. Then once the TV has been updated, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Alpha1
Level 7

I have rest the tv and modem and it is still stuck on that screen with the wheel spinning checking for updates.. Can anyone help 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Alpha1 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried turning off and unplugging your TV for 5-10 minutes and seeing if you are still seeing the issue you are experiencing?

It may be necessary to try to perform a factory reset if the issue is still not resolved. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lanae28
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. I've unplugged it and did the factory reset numerous times

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Lanae28 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting your wireless router to see if that helps when trying to update. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update your Roku TV. Then once your TV has been updated, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lanae28
Level 7

I've done all of that and nothing works. I just bought this tv so I already threw away the box so I can't even return it or use it. 

0 Kudos
Lanae28
Level 7

None of the suggestions are working. I'm sure everyone has reset the modem, unplugged it, waited, did a factory reset, tried to connect to the hotspot, and still stuck on the software update screen. I just bought this tv and I can't even use it. Total waste of money because I threw away the box so I can't even return it

0 Kudos