Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krupa
Level 7

Philips ROKU tv enhanced remote headphones squeal after a minute or two

Using Philips 32PFL4664 and I upgraded to enhanced voice remote. Everything works except when you use the headphone jack on the remote the sound starts to squeal and break up badly after about a minute or two. It's important to the user who is disabled to have the headphones. I've tried different headphones. I've tried different enhanced voice remotes but it does it every time. I can't use a hardwired headphone because the disabled user can't unplug it at the tv. I did download the app and that would work except the disabled user has trouble getting around the convoluted menus on a cellphone and I have to help them get back to it all the time. Does anyone else use the enhanced remote with this model and headphones on the jack and have it work? Is there a sound setting or pairing setting I am missing? Thanks. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
krupa
Level 7

Re: Philips ROKU tv enhanced remote headphones squeal after a minute or two

Update: When I am logged in and look for accessories that should match my devices the remote with the headphone jack does not come up....just the voice activated one so perhaps it's because the tv is not able to accept it. Rats because the tv does not have a headphone jack so the only way to do this is to use the ROKU mobile app on a cellphone. I used an old cellphone without a sim card and deleted all the other apps but the disabled user still has trouble using it sometimes because of tricky fingers etc. I guess the only way to get this to work with the enhanced voice remote with headphone jack is to upgrade the tv. Any of you ROKU gurus out there who know thanks if you can respond. 

0 Kudos
krupa
Level 7

Re: Philips ROKU tv enhanced remote headphones squeal after a minute or two

Ok, Roku gurus, here is another question. Can I use the html input on a ROKU TV to put a ROKU Ultra that DOES use an enhanced remote with the jack and use it that way? 

Update.....ok, that works except for when you want to listen to it without the headphones and you can't run the speakers that are in the roku tv without going back to the home and changing from the one roku to the other and the user is not going to be able to figure that out. rats.

0 Kudos