Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoozieBoise
Channel Surfer

Peacock channel keeps crashing on my Roku tv. Frustrating.

Trying to watch peacock channels and it keeps crashing. Deleted, reinstalled, reset wifi, all to no avail. This is frustrating. Fix it! 

Thank

55 REPLIES 55
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Peacock channel keeps crashing on my Roku tv. Frustrating.

@BoozieBoise

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
diplexer
Binge Watcher

Same problem here.  I have a Hisense Roku TV and Peacock completely locks up my TV to where I have to unplug it to reset the TV to start up again. Totally unusable in Roku.  Works fine on my android box and firestick.  Problem started on last update of Peacock.  Comcast has terrible coders.

OhByteMe
Reel Rookie

This app is HORRIBLE! I can't get through the Dateline 24/7 channel for more than 45 minutes before the **bleep** thing crashes!!! TCL 32" Series 3 and TCL 55" Series6 here.

OhByteMe
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

What **bleep** difference does THAT make???? It doesn't! I have deleted with and without restarting the bloody thing and there is ZERO difference. Let us know when you have REAL suggestions... things that WORK! Like a FIXED APP!

diplexer
Binge Watcher

Agreed. It's the Roku app.  I believe Comcast is responsible for development. Roku should pull the app 'til fixed or just let us go back to the previous version.  Peacock works fine on other devices although the interface is slow to load. I expect no response from Comcast or Roku as they have terrible Customer service. An app that crashes your system should never be allowed.

GeeMac

Funny that mine never reset until I started to pay for the premium.  Watching the Olympics is a nightmare. 

Seedsister

I hate peacock. It keeps crashing. Pay premium and no issues.

BoozieBoise
Channel Surfer

Nope. Why would I pay for premium if basic doesn't work? That's stupid.

Jprophet2001
Channel Surfer

if premium works and basic doesnt ,

then it sounds like a roku fu job trying to make you pay more