cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LasVegasJoe
Level 7

Pause Function on Streambar Remote

Jump to solution

When TV is paused the tv screen frame darkens and a status message is superimposed on lower third of screen and NEVER goes away. How can I get this message to vanish after 3-5 seconds and have the full paused tv frame return to normal brightness with no annoying superimposed message ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pause Function on Streambar Remote

Jump to solution

No matter what app I use once I hit play/pause to pause the show, to get rid of the graphics all I have to do is press the BACK key <- once, it stays paused and the graphics are gone. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@LasVegasJoe 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LasVegasJoe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku Device Model   9102R  -  Roku Streambar

Serial Number   YLOOAH433287

Device ID   2A109A433287

Sofrware OS/Version   9.4.0  -  build  4190-95

Travker (Issue)  ID   87-486-911

When I pause using my Roku remote the TV screen darkens slightly and an Info Graphic is superimposed over the bottom third of the TV screen and this Info Graphic will NEVER go away until I resume play, making it impossible for me to view the entire frame in detail at normal brightness without superimposed graphics.  With Cox cable the superimposed graphics would always disappear after 3-5 seconds.  The ability to view a single frame in full detail without graphics is an absolute core essential of my viewing experience with any media.  This annoying issue of frozen graphics over a darkened frame in pause mode is extremely frustrating to me.  This does occur across all channels with both live and recorded content.

I could not figure out how to do a screen capture to assist.  I did get a good photographic image on my iPhone but again did not know how to append it to this reply but could send via traditional email or text to you.

Any solutions?

Joe

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No matter what app I use once I hit play/pause to pause the show, to get rid of the graphics all I have to do is press the BACK key <- once, it stays paused and the graphics are gone. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@LasVegasJoe 

Thanks for the information.

Can you please provide us with the photo that you took so we can understand the issue you are seeing.

You can attach a photo to a post by clicking the Photos button above the text field when creating a post/reply.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LasVegasJoe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tivoburkee’s reply resolved my issue completely and immediately.

After pressing pause on the remote, pressing the BACK key once immediately removed the graphics and restored the full frame to normal brightness.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos