Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viking67
Reel Rookie

Pairing with a device with Roku TV

Jump to solution

How do I get my tcl Roku tv to recognize my Apple phone as an allowed device

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Pairing with a device

Jump to solution

@Viking67 Thanks for the note here. Apple devices do not support screen mirroring. Android and Windows devices are compatible. You can see more here: https://support.roku.com/article/208754928-how-do-i-use-screen-mirroring-with-my-android-or-windows-...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

In regards to what?

As a Hotspot? or for the Roku app????

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Viking67
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a tcl roku tv and I can’t get it to recognize my iPhone as an allowed device for screen mirroring. My phone pairs fine with family room, game room, & living room but not the bedroom. These TVs are all on roku stick I think. The tcl is it’s own roku set up. What can I do to get the tv to see the phone??

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Viking67 Thanks for the note here. Apple devices do not support screen mirroring. Android and Windows devices are compatible. You can see more here: https://support.roku.com/article/208754928-how-do-i-use-screen-mirroring-with-my-android-or-windows-...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Keithustus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes they do. I am using this iPhone XS to reply right now and am watching this on my TV through screen mirroring with my Roku. But the questions are 

(1) why did no prompt occur despite my setting configured to require prompt?

(2) how do I get my phone as an always recognized device? None are listed. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem! I have two of the same TVs. the living room recognized the iPhone and bedroom does not! Strange. 

0 Kudos
JC2020
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Apple devices DO screen mirror to compatible ROKU TVs — It’s usually easy. Just click on the Air Play icon (double window image) in the control center. But for some reason, one of my Roku TVs has stopped recognizing my iPad. It’s a mystery, because the other ROKU Tvs still respond.

0 Kudos
roseoliv

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my mac... did you find a solution?

0 Kudos