Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Pairing roku wireless speakers to roku soundbar for surround sound

I have had a roku tv, soundbar and subwoofer for some time.  Works great.

Just purchased roku wireless speakers to create surround sound.  I followed the pairing instructions included with the speakers.  The speakers paired.  Sound from speakers but not soundbar.

I have traded emails for several days with customer support.  Not working still.

Here is what they told me to do:

Here is what we recommend:
1. Factory reset the Roku wireless speaker and Roku wireless subwoofer, by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds.
2. Wait for the devices to reboot
3. Navigate to Roku Soundbar input using the Roku TV remote and set the Roku TV remote aside
4. Use the Soundbar remote and navigate to settings > remote and devices > setup a new device
5. Follow on screen instructions and setup the Roku wireless speaker and Roku wireless subwoofer along with the Roku Soundbar
6. Set the Roku Soundbar remote aside and press the home button on Roku TV remote
7. You should get 4.1 audio when you use the channels / devices connected to the TV

Number 1 and 2 were no problem.

Number 3--when I go to the tile for my Arc 3 (where my soundbar connects), I get a message on my TV that there is no signal.  But the soundbar is working.

Number 4--I can't navigate on my Soundbar remote to settings.  I don't have that option.

I have researched everything online about pairing my speakers to my Soundbar.  I'm told to do it for surround sound BUT not how.

Please help.  I've spent way too much frustrating time on this.  Ready to return speakers to Roku

2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pairing roku wireless speakers to roku soundbar for surround sound

@dougpad 

Thanks for the post.

If you are in contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them regarding your issue as they are best able to assist you with your issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Pairing roku wireless speakers to roku soundbar for surround sound

I only have one speaker. The soundboard keeps looking for the second speaker.  Is there some way that I can pair up just one speaker?

0 Kudos