Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV?

Jump to solution

for the past 3 hours I've been trying to pair my bluetooth stereo system to 55 inch roku smart TV. when I go under the pairing mode it on will allow roku speakers or the roku subwoofers. it will not let me add a new device to bluetooth to my TV. does anyone out there know what I can do besides having to by the roku sound bar, bluetooth speakers, or their adapters?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Reeciecup047  Thanks for reaching out! Pairing Bluetooth devices to your Roku TV is only supported if you are using the Roku TV Wireless Speakers, or the Roku Smart Soundbar in combination with your TV. You cannot pair Bluetooth devices to your TV on its own—this functionality is not supported. 

We do offer a feature called mobile private listening through the Roku mobile app. If you were to pair your Bluetooth audio device to your mobile phone, then activate this feature in the mobile app, you could play your TV's audio on your Bluetooth device using this method. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

106 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Reeciecup047  Thanks for reaching out! Pairing Bluetooth devices to your Roku TV is only supported if you are using the Roku TV Wireless Speakers, or the Roku Smart Soundbar in combination with your TV. You cannot pair Bluetooth devices to your TV on its own—this functionality is not supported. 

We do offer a feature called mobile private listening through the Roku mobile app. If you were to pair your Bluetooth audio device to your mobile phone, then activate this feature in the mobile app, you could play your TV's audio on your Bluetooth device using this method. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That is a horrible design flaw -- I would not have bought this TV had I known that you can't even play its audio through your own bluetooth speaker... I have to go and BUY Roku's speaker. That is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku, 

FORCING US TO BUY YOUR SPEAKERS AND THROW AWAY EXISTING BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS.

I HATE YOU... EVIL

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I would not have purchased this tv had I known I could not pair a bluetooth device without additional purchases.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

1st & LAST TIME I buy a **bleep**in' roku tv... can't even pair my samsung earbuds to the **bleep** thing.. cheap piece of **bleep** tv brand! Hence my username on purpose "Garbage Brand"

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You can pair your bluetooth device. However, it has to be done thru the Roku app via the remote control icon within the Roku App on your smartphone or tablet... and clicking on the headphone icon once the remote control page pops up.

https://youtu.be/5FZLy1qNMew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Time to return this TV then. 

This is such a basic feature these days and it’s clearly something that should be disclosed.  

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV?

Jump to solution

THEY ARE FORCING YOU TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS TOO BE ABLE TOO USE YOUE CURRENT BLUE TOOTH SPEAKERS. I AM HERE LOOKING TO RESOLVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I WILL GO BACK TO SATELLITE, I WILL NOT BE FORCED TO BUY THEIR SOUND BAR.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thia really is a disadvantage.  I want to use my TV with roku but have audio on my bluetooth speaker. Just like I do with my fire stick. I cant believe they dont have this functionally