Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChromeisBetter
Level 10

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV

Jump to solution

This is the Roku OS in a nutshell. Been having audio issues with surround sound for about two years now. The problem predates my purchase by several years and it still not fixed. Some older users pointed out the problem started when they introduced their **bleep** speakers in a firmware update.

Mz_Parker
Level 7

Jump to solution

TV I'm coming to find out it's not that smart and I will be using it as a living room TV once I get me an Android TV because I approved for TV with bluetooth capability I like to listen to the TV with my headphones do not disturb anyone else in the house and this is a load of **bleep** this is a gift to me but I feel bad for the person who gave it to me as a gift. 

Mz_Parker
Level 7

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Roku need to do a software update where they're pairing devices has a backdoor ability to turn into a universal pairing device this is not fair and it's not stipulated and I feel like it's misleading to call your system a smart TV this is just a streaming TV big difference it is very limited you cannot browse on the internet with it you have to use casting sites and cast anything from your phone is just too much 3rd party stuff you got to do to use the TV and it almost is useless with the over-the-air TV so again the best way to fix this is to get a new channel or new store or a app that can be used that could back door or piggyback onto your existing Bluetooth ability to link your Roku speaker and instead allow us to link our speakers and headset 

Skydogmatt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes there is a way....

buy a low latency transmitter from amazon for about 25.00. I recommend aventree but its a bit more expensive.. 50-75.00.... from the transmitter you can have bluetooth enabled however you must use low latency speakers or the lip sync will be off which is annoying as **bleep**. Its an additional expense but.... you now have full bluetooth capability on your roke tv and it can be hard wired into a sound system with audio cables provided.

Skydogmatt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Correction...purchase from amazon not walmart..

0 Kudos
JayB12
Level 7

Jump to solution

USing a mobile app on my phone to pair phone to TV and phone to audio output is not a valid solution for a good audio... and then what everyone is the house must do the same thing just in case I am not here and watching with MY phone as the paired one.  What a load of BS.

If the TV can pair to Roku speakers - it should be able to pair to any speakers that meet a required hardware device spec.  End of story.

Traveler1t
Level 9

Jump to solution

Ok, Tanner, here's what Roku has done: I bought my Roku TCL TV over a year ago and when I bought it and until tonight, I could pair my own bluetooth speaker directly to the TV. Now, with your latest firmware update, you have taken away my ability to do that to force me to buy your proprietary speakers. Let me tell you what that is--it's theft, extortion, and intentional destruction of private property. You reached in and destroyed the functionality of my TV without my consent. I have a hearing disability and my bluetooth remote speaker allowed me to listen to the TV with the speaker close to my ear. Now I can no longer do that without a ridiculous third-party workaround. Please restore the original functionality of my TV pronto or give me a refund. There are legal remedies for this, and if I need to, I'll find them.

Traveler1t
Level 9

Jump to solution

It's not a design flaw. My Roku TV could pair with any bluetooth speaker when I bought it. Roku's latest update removed that functionality. This was no accident.

Traveler1t
Level 9

Jump to solution

Shouldn't have to do that. Roku TVs allowed pairing with any bluetooth speaker until their latest firmware update which removed that functionality for obvious reasons--to force owner to buy their proprietary speakers. Breach of contract and theft.

lesmikesell
Level 13

Jump to solution

If you have an android or iphone, get the roku app and use the 'private listening' feature to play through your phone's headphones.   Easier/better than having to pair with a different device.

0 Kudos