Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

Bluetooth doesn't cut it for all the devices roku needs to use with each other. So they went with Wifi-Direct, which isn't bluetooth, its another kind of RF altogether.  Roku tv's do not have bluetooth capabilities at all, later roku devices like the wireless speakers and roku smart soundbar do. But two roku speakers and soundbar are receivers of bluetooth, they DO NOT TRANSMIT bluetooth, so they wouldn't work with bluetooth headphones which is receiver too. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Bluetooth doesn't cut it for all the devices roku needs to use with each other. So they went with Wifi-Direct, which isn't bluetooth, its another kind of RF altogether.  Roku tv's do not have bluetooth capabilities at all, later roku devices like the wireless speakers and roku smart soundbar do. But two roku speakers and soundbar are receivers of bluetooth, they DO NOT TRANSMIT bluetooth, so they wouldn't work with bluetooth headphones which is receiver too. 


I don't have nor need any other accessory, I would like a regular Bluetooth headset to work with my TV so I can listen for my shows without disturbing who is sleeping at home, possibly without lag and a 2019 Roku TV isn't being able to do that. The app is a disaster, it has lag and often crashes, so the high volume goes back to the TV when it happens waking up people at home.
I understand is a product's choice, just a very poor one for customers with children that don't have a dedicated room for watching TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

If you have right model of roku tv, you could get roku remote with headphone jack on it, its called the Enhanced Voice Remote and works with following series of the roku tv:

 

Roku TV (model series 6000X, 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X)

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

If you have right model of roku tv, you could get roku remote with headphone jack on it, its called the Enhanced Voice Remote and works with following series of the roku tv:

 

Roku TV (model series 6000X, 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X)


My TV model is the 65R625, does that work for this TV? Does it work without lagging?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

What does it say in the settings> system> about> Roku Tv?

TV manufacturer gives it a model number like the one you listed, and Roku has their own. 

Not many roku tv have this feature, I own three Roku tv's and only my 5 series 43" TCL works with a headphone jack remote. When I tested it, I didn't notice any lag. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

It says Roku TV A108X


@Tivoburkee wrote:

What does it say in the settings> system> about> Roku Tv?

TV manufacturer gives it a model number like the one you listed, and Roku has their own. 

Not many roku tv have this feature, I own three Roku tv's and only my 5 series 43" TCL works with a headphone jack remote. When I tested it, I didn't notice any lag. 


 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

A108X  model should work with Enhanced Voice remote, which costs $29.99.

 

Roku TV (model series 6000X, 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X)

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

Thanks, it has no audio/video lag?

Anyway my current remote already has a microphone so seems able already to transmit voice to the TV, but it doesn't have any headset where to plug in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

This is ridiculous. Why wouldn't they add bluetooth? Had I known I would not have purchased this tv. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Pairing Bluetooth headphones?

Jump to solution

I saw your post and just purchased a Roku Smart Soundbar 2.0 to pair with bluetooth headphones so that I could use Zwift on iPhone and watch Roku on TV using bluetooth headphones. During the setup process, it updated itself. I just tried to connect Apple Airpods and Jabra 65t Elite via Settings -> Pair a New Device -> Bluetooth Device. However, neither of these headphones were detected. On the setup screen it says “Smartphone, tablet, and computers” which seems to indicate that input sources can be paired.

Is it possible to pair bluetooth headphones directly to the smart soundbar so that I don’t have to use the Roku app on the phone in private listening mode??? This beats the point of getting a soundbar since the TV has Roku built in already!

 

Please advise so I can return it if I can’t pair bluetooth headphones directly to the Roku Smart Soundbar!

0 Kudos