Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pair Spectrum remote with Hisense 55

I own two urc-7880's and they are learning remotes. They can also be programmed by Jp1:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee wrote: URC-7880 are learning remotes.

Thanks! I've been scrolling down the index page of remotes (the 3-page list on the Europe site). If it says "learning" in on that page (each remote's highlights), I assumed that was the indicator which do/don't. I didn't realize some learning remotes say "learning" there and other learning remotes don't. (I didn't know I had to look deeper at each one that doesn't say it at the top level.).

If you go to the One For All dot com site, they have 3 pages of remotes. They're clearly passionate about remotes, style, functionality. It's hard to sort out which remotes have which features. I didn't know it, but that's the site that is actually the European site. The US site has 6-8 remotes. So, you don't see the full variety they have. The 7880 should meet my needs. I was thinking I would wait for that 7140 (but didn't know it's Europe-only -- for now anyway. UFA said they anticipate increasing the number of remotes in the US soon.). I'd like the wide-beam IR. 

I'm going to get a 7880 though. It appears it will be better (subjective term) than the alternatives. There's not a lot out there "learnable." A lot of the stuff is lightweight/cheap feeling. Doesn't feel well made. The Intetec felt very good though. 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

I see the 7140 is just like they 7880, that the devices themselves you have to press a single key to move from one device to the other instead of having separate device keys. And if there isn't code programmed to the device it will be skipped. 

I have 5-in-1 4k hdmi switcher that I taught the commands to number keys in the tv device, along with having discrete input commands from my TCL Roku tv. Those were added by efc codes. 

Edmund

cmkw

I have a similar issue. I found codes 12049 and 12355 to work best with the arrows, volume, etc with the exception of “ok/select”

I still need the roku remote to “ok” 

Are there any other suggested codes? 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@cmkw 

If your remote accepts advanced codes or efc's, which are 5 digit codes for individual functions. Try the following to get the ok command:

1. tv

2. press and hold SET/SETUP for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap SET/SETUP for one blink

5. enter 0 0 2 4 5 

6. pick a key, like the OK key

Edmund

0 Kudos