Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AugieSeaman
Channel Surfer

PIN to add channels not updating

I have recently changed my PIN (via my Roku acct on a web browswer) to keep my kids from adding channels and to block certain content on the Roku channel. They know the old PIN.

However, they can still add channels because for some reason the old PIN is still active for adding channels, but the new PIN is active for everything else.

For example if I go to my TCL RokuTV, and select settings>parental controls, the new PIN is active. However, if I just try to add a channel (like Tubi or something), then the new PIN is not active, and the old PIN works.

What's up here, is this a known bug? I need to be able to reliably set parental controls for adding channels & blocking content. Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: PIN to add channels not updating

Hi @AugieSeaman,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue with your Roku PIN code.

Just to verify, do you recognize the Roku account email directly from the device by going to Settings > System > About

If the Roku account email address is correct for the Roku device, it may be more effective for you to get help from our Account-billing team. Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for"Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
David516

I am having trouble finding the specific link where I can change my PIN. ROKU Help says go to "PIN Preference" but a link with that name does not appear to exist, or is hidden extremely well.  Is there a hyperlink someone can post?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

https://my.roku.com/account/pin
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem, did you figure it out? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dreamingofbaja,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kimgio23
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem, on only one of my four roku devices.  So it's not the PIN itself.  On that one device, any four digit number allows them (my kids) to add a channel. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kimgio23,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku PIN code. We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience.

We are currently aware of the issue. Rest assured that I have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available we'll be sure to let the Community know.

We are working diligently to provide a solution to your concern as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Looks like this has been fixed.

My two Rokus that accepted any correct or incorrect PIN entry yesterday will only install a channel with the correct PIN today.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Looks like this has been fixed.

My two Rokus that accepted any correct or incorrect PIN to install a channel yesterday will only install a channel with the correct PIN today.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos