Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harvini
Roku Guru

Own a Roku TV? Do This Right Now.

Whatever the cause of the various major problems being reported with Roku TVs, it is important that you have certain TV specific information available BEFORE you are sitting there with a troubled set and no way to get the info you will need to get back into operation.

So, RIGHT NOW, IMMEDIATELY, THIS MINUTE, do the following:

1) Grab a sheet of paper and a pen, pencil, crayon or Sharpie.

2) On the TV, from the HOME screen, go to SETTINGS > SYSTEM > ABOUT > (Right arrow twice)

At this point, you should be looking at a list of information about your set.  Write down the following stuff:

ROKU TV #

TV MODEL

TV Serial No.

Software Versioon

Device ID

IP Address

Wireless MAC address

Take that paper and pyt it somewhere safe that you will remember, and then pray you will never need it.

1 REPLY 1
Mike-E
Streaming Star

Re: Own a Roku TV? Do This Right Now.

Good idea. I actually took a photo of that screen, and since I have and Android phone, it uploaded to Google Photos. Now I have it forever. I also take photos of certain receipts (such as for my Roku tv warranties, bought from Walmart), in case of warranty issues. Because those receipts are required, and we ALL know they eventually erase themselves after some time.