Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJ84770

Out of Date Roku TV, slow and not as user friendly

I have a 60" Hisense TV that is about 5 years old with a preinstalled Ruko system on it.  Its a great TV but Ruko is not user friendly, slow and has an older view even thou my Ruko tells me it has the it has the most current update. I have another TV with Roku on it and it is the complete opposite (fast, more user friendly and more options)!  Can I update the Ruko devise on the Hisense TV itself so it views, runs and user friendly like a new TV does?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Out of Date Roku, slow and not as user friendly

You have 5 year old Hisense Roku TV with older hardware than your newer TV. There isn’t anything you do for it. The only thing you can do is purchase a new Roku TV. You could try a factory reset. But that won’t change old and tired hardware 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I have Sharp Roku 4k TV that was manufactured in December of 2018 that TV is every bit as fast as the TV was on the day, I set it up. You could always put a newer Roku device in an open HDMI port too instead of replacing your TV. 

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

That is not the only thing you can do.  I have an older Roku TV that I am using with a newer Roku Streaming Stick Plus.  Works great and much cheaper than replacing the TV.  

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@OwnerofDevices  It all depends upon the hardware that came with your TV. Depends upon the model and amount you spent. A $200 55” isn’t going to be as good as a $600 55”

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@HDMIGuy  yes that is an option. But I was sticking to the TV. 

0 Kudos