Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikemo

Ota channel guide multiple issues

I have a TCL tv. Over the last few months I'm seeing the following issues.  Experience worse, not better.

1. Guide says no info available for current time unless show continues into next slot. Thus you can't tell what you are watching or available during current time slot.  

2. Guide pops up on its own a few minutes after changing channel and randomly later. Annoying!

3. Guide goes away after a minute while still navigating.

4.  The asterisks that indicate other ways to view content are now gone.

Why do the keep messing with this?  This all worked great 6 months ago.  I've done multiple resets to no avail.   ROKU PLEASE FIX!

13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Ota channel guide multiple issues

@mikemo

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshots of the issue you occurring

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Baileyfarm

I am having the same problem with a Hisense tv. I have 3 TCL tv's in other locations on my farm that do not have this problem

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I'm beginning to think you're just a bot, as these issues have been recounted, over & over again, by many people here, and all the details you asked for, given.  Yet nothing is ever offered up as a solution, nor have these problems been resolved. What's the point of asking the same information of every new person complaining about the same issues others have, and have been for many months? 

Ever response I ever see from you, asks for a lot of detailed information, then a promise that once you have the info, you will be able to assist them further, but where is that assistance??

Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

Danny and all. I have been complaining about the channel guide pop up for a long time now.

FOUND THE FIX!!!!!!!

Its related to the theme pack.  I tested several theme packs and found the NAUTICAL theme pack has the bug.

Revert back to the default theme pack ane voila....problem is gone!

ROKU, you should give me free service for life for finding this!!!!

Yahooooooo finally gone...

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Glad that worked for you, but I just tried it, and nothing's changed, still the same issues...

Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

Try turning the tv off and on 1 time

0 Kudos
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

I forgot to add that step..change to roku default theme pack, then turn off tv and back on

0 Kudos
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

I found the problem occurs whenever you change the station...it sets a 60 second timer then it pops up...also when the program you're  watching changes then poof...60 seconds later. So 30 minute programs...pops up at xx:01 or xx:31 .

Hope this helps

Use default them pack...turn of and on the tv.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Turned it off and then on, still having all the issues...  I wasn't using the Nautical Theme, but the Space one, so maybe this fix only works if you're using Nautical...

0 Kudos