Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Optical port on Roku sound bar not working

Jump to solution

Have a Roku soundbar connected to a Hisense 65” tv and it works fine. Got new hearing aids which came with an audio stream box to send the audio to my hearing aids. The optical port doesn’t work when I connect the optical cord to the soundbar.

I disconnected the soundbar and connected the optical cord to the TVs optical port and I was able to stream the sound directly to my hearing aids. I reconnected the soundbar and connected the cord to the soundbar optical port and it still doesn’t work. 

I can’t seem to use the optical port on the tv AND use the soundbar as the sound comes from the soundbar  

Went thru all the settings and everything seems fine.  Is there something I’m missing to get the optical port working on the soundbar? 

Thanks for any help. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 20

Re: Optical port on Roku sound bar not working

Jump to solution

That's because the optical port on the roku soundbar is an input only, where the optical on the tv is a output only, thats how they communicate with each other. It can't go the other way, sorry. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 20

Re: Optical port on Roku sound bar not working

Jump to solution

That's because the optical port on the roku soundbar is an input only, where the optical on the tv is a output only, thats how they communicate with each other. It can't go the other way, sorry. 

Edmund

View solution in original post