Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Open TCL Roku tv to a specific app (not an input)

Jump to solution

I had cable tv and set up my roku tv to automatically open to the antenna tv input. Now I’ve switched to the AT&T TV NOW streaming tv app. Is there a way I can get my tv to open automatically to that specific app?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Open TCL Roku tv to a specific app (not an input)

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, no. The only options are the TV Tuner, a specific video input, or the Roku home screen. I've seen the request made over the years, but nothing so far. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Kent_Lowry wrote:

I had cable tv and set up my roku tv to automatically open to the antenna tv input. Now I’ve switched to the AT&T TV NOW streaming tv app. Is there a way I can get my tv to open automatically to that specific app?

I believe the only option currently to accomplish this would be the use of a voice assistant (Alexa, Google). With voice prompting from an assistant you can request that a specific Roku app to be opened, even when the TV is OFF if you enable FAST START capability. I am not sure if AT&T TV NOW is one of the supported apps that this will work with. If you don't use smart speakers, but do have an Android phone you could test it out by linking your Roku TV to Google Home on your phone and see if a voice prompt will accomplish what you are seeking.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Fire TV Stick 4K

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, no. The only options are the TV Tuner, a specific video input, or the Roku home screen. I've seen the request made over the years, but nothing so far. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Kent_Lowry wrote:

I believe the only option currently to accomplish this would be the use of a voice assistant (Alexa, Google). With voice prompting from an assistant you can request that a specific Roku app to be opened, even when the TV is OFF if you enable FAST START capability. I am not sure if AT&T TV NOW is one of the supported apps that this will work with. If you don't use smart speakers, but do have an Android phone you could test it out by linking your Roku TV to Google Home on your phone and see if a voice prompt will accomplish what you are seeking.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Fire TV Stick 4K

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you. 

0 Kudos