Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mental
Level 7

Onn tv video not streaming.

finally finish setup my Onn Roku tv. Not getting any video on the screen. I have picture when going threw apps and setup. But no video on TV mode or streaming. The sound is working so I know the TV is on. Took a video and picture of it but not sure how to post it on here. Its the Onn Roku 50" 4k under TV. Model number 100012585

9 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Onn tv video not streaming.

@Mental 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen regardless the channel you are streaming? Have you tried removing the channel(s), restarting your TV, then adding the channel back to see if that resolves the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mental
Level 7

It didn't matter whether it was on TV mode or streaming. Example i would have picture of Netflix content but would not have video only sound when I selected something to play.

However I did get it to start working normally again once I unplugged the TV for a few mins and plugged it back in. Im waiting to see if it happens again.

0 Kudos
Pnjfksx
Level 7

I suddenly started having this issue this evening.  No problems this morning.  I can view everything except streaming content.  Music channels work.  Interfaces work.  But when I try to stream, nothing but audio and closed captions (if on).

0 Kudos
Pnjfksx
Level 7

Turning the TV off and on or restarting the TV from the system menu did not work. 

Unplugging for two minutes did.  Not sure of the cause,  but a full power reboot did the trick. 

0 Kudos
Modziw38
Level 7

I too am having the same issue. I turn on the HDMI, which is the port where my cable is connected and I'm getting a half blue screen and half screen with colored lines and I have sound only. I turned off the tv and even unplugged it and once plugged back in and powered on, no change. Help!
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Modziw38 

Thanks for the post.

Customer have reported that after they unplugged their TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue. Have you done that to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Modziw38
Level 7

I did that and when I plugged it back it nothing changed.  I can watch Netflix with no issues, so it's only when I'm trying to watch TV via my HDMI which is the port that I have my cable connected.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Modziw38 

Thanks for the update.

If you are not experiencing the issue when you watch other content, it is not a hardware issue.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your device to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lalalala4
Level 7

I had the same issue. Youtube video said if unplugging did not work then u have to rest with roku remote. Push home button 5 x, up once, rewind 2x then forward 2x. The tv will do some crazy things then reboot 2 times. Then try to watch cable again. Picture should be good. I did this to and it worked.

0 Kudos