Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngeryONNbuyer
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn roku tv - no volume on any channel

Jump to solution

I was wondering if you could elaborate more in the hold power part..

0 Kudos
bnocita7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Simply turn the pull the power cord out of the outlet, wait 10 seconds, then plug power cord back into the outlet. It works!

0 Kudos
AngeryONNbuyer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ok so I tried that. And yes it worked. But then if I turn the tv off and back on again I lose the sound once more. Any other suggestions??

0 Kudos
Noah144
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I legit just bought an onn Roku tv today and the sound went out. I unplugged it for a few seconds and it started working again. If it continues I’ll return the tv as out the box it shouldn’t be that way.

0 Kudos
AngeryONNbuyer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exactly! I just got mine Sunday. And it happens every time I turn it back on. I originally bought a 42in for Walmart’s Black Friday but they gave me a 50in so ot sucks because if I return it ima get the 42 instead 😭

0 Kudos
Kn31288

Jump to solution

You can all go to settings - system - power - system restart. It works all the time for me. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing this issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Blearyeater775
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I kept mine hasn't done it since. After unplugging and plugging it back in. I live in a older trailer with older wiring and think with storms in Florida that some static issues might have occurred but was a easy fix for me to monitor my wife is always home using it. If I run into this issue again I will right a post so that we can see a time gap and if weather or something might play a role in it. But so far all is well.

0 Kudos
Blearyeater775
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Might could try and plug into a surge protection to see if it might help Before down sizing wish you luck.

0 Kudos
Jamilynbrand
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I bought a 42 inch Black Friday onn roku tv. Installed it yesterday. Within 10 minutes sound went out on everything (not even menu sounds) unplugged and plugged back in. Volume came back, 5 minutes later no volume. Unplug, replug, 10 minutes later no sound. I did this 5+ times before i just put my old tv back up. Its a tv fresh out of the box!! It shouldn't have this problem 10 minutes after installation!! 

0 Kudos