Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewUser1

Onn roku tv - no volume on any channel

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a 58" Onn roku tv and the volume has stopped working completely on every channel. I have checked to make sure the volume is on and not muted.  No matter what channel I go to the volume does not work. Even on the home screen there is no sound.

I updated the tv sound and still no sound. I also facorty reset the audio settings and still no sound. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shentelm77

Re: Onn roku tv - no volume on any channel

Jump to solution

I was told it happens when there is static in the power...unplug from wall hold power for 30 seconds and plug back in. It worked for me.

View solution in original post

113 REPLIES 113
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NewUser1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting Onn support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-888-412-6886.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
GG2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not helpful at ALL. This your brand also, you should contact the manufacturer and have an answer with all of these reported issues of no sound.

DmFIXmyTC

Jump to solution

I’m experiencing the same issue. Watched a show last night through my Xbox no problems. Used it to stream Spotify through my phone earlier today too. Just sat down before bed and no no audio. Tried different inputs, casting, it doesn’t matter the audio is not working.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Has anyone figured this out or gotten to a solution?  Mind doing it now and my TV isn't even a month old yet, about 3 weeks old tho so if course that means Walmart won't take it back since electronics return period is 15 days. I watched a movie thru my DVD player a couple hours ago and it was perfect. Turned it all off,  then couldn't sleep so finally decided to watch TV a little more and no sound! Frustrating! 

Jump to solution

I had the same issue yesterday. There was no sound and the navigation sounded a little weird. I just unplugged it from the mains and waited a few seconds and plugged it back in. It seems okay for now. Hope this helps.

GG2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Many thanks! It worked

0 Kudos
shentelm77

Jump to solution

I was told it happens when there is static in the power...unplug from wall hold power for 30 seconds and plug back in. It worked for me.

jw8121

Jump to solution

This is happening to us too, just got it with our tax return in February and "ok for now" isn't good enough. They mass produced cheap as **bleep** TV so we'd all buy new smart TVs, just in time for a huge economic crisis and stimulus checks too! Imagine that. 

CinthiaG000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

https://youtu.be/fUBZe2Z48XA  This worked to restore sound on my tv, try it! 
Press home button 5x

up arrow 1x

rewind button 2x

fast forward button 2x

you have to do it quick succession but once you get it right, your screen will flip out for a min and the TV will restart. I was about to buy a new tv.