Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onn TV making high pitch sound while on. Can hear it through my show. Please help

Is anyone having trouble with their Onn roku Tv? I want to get rid of the ringing noise it makes everytime I turn the TV on. I'm pass return date need help. 

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Onn TV making high pitch sound while on. Can hear it through my show. Please help

Hello @TriceTVissues

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. What kind of cables/cords are you using to connect to your TV? 
3. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? How long has the issue been occurring?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
MadgabRy

Re: Onn TV making high pitch sound while on. Can hear it through my show. Please help

The sound last anytime tv is on. I have tried to unplug tv, turn it off, unplugged hdmi and even the ax adaptor. With no luck the noise still continues. My tv is only 2 years old. How can I get this fixed?

Justmenu

Having the same issue TV aus only 1 year and a half old did you get any updates?

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MadgabRy
Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are experiencing a high-pitched noise on your TV. We're sorry about the experience, this is not what we aim for.
The issue you are experiencing seems it may be hardware-related. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

This is the list of TV manufacturer and their contact info: Where to get support for your Roku TV.
Please keep us posted and let us know what you find out. We will be there to assist you.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Same exact thing is happening to me and Roku customer service is terrible. They basically had me turn the tv on and off and told me I’m responsible to fix it as I’m passed the one year warranty but I haven’t had it longer than 2 years. I would never recommend this brand to anyone. They suck. 

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Micheal1995.

A warm welcome here in the Roku community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the high-pitched noise on your TV. It appears that the issue may be related to the hardware. To resolve this, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your Roku TV directly. They can offer additional support and warranty services specific to their products running on the Roku OS.

You can contact them: Onn Roku TV Support. 

Please keep us posted and let us know what you find out.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Yes, mine is brand new and starting making a high pitch noise but have no audio at all.

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CarolMiller,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community.

We see that you are also experiencing trouble caused by the high-pitched noise from your TV. However, we need more information to assist you further.

• May we know if your device is currently connected to external audio products?
  • Also, is this happening within a specific channel?
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Please keep us posted, we will be happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cryptobae
Reel Rookie

Same issue. TV is only 2 years old. It’s making a high pitch whistle sound. Some moments it’s extremely loud and other times it’s loud and neither times is it tolerable. I’ve tried everything, unplugging, hard reset, audio/video reset, warranty customer service who gave me useless trouble shooting tips. NOTHING WORKS! Customer service is useless too. Don’t waste your time. They only suggest you call and have a tech come out which means money out of your pocket since you’re no longer under warranty. Never again will I buy this brand. I have never had a brand new tv act up within TWO YEARS of purchase and the company does nothing but try to get you for more money. Wasted money. I have $5 electronics from 5 Below that lasts longer.  If anyone have a solution, please let me know. I refuse to pay their techs or company ANYTHING to fix their sh*tty product.