Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kijackson1231
Level 8

Onn. Sound bar won’t connect to onn. Roku tv

Jump to solution

I’m having trouble getting my blast onn. 5.1 sound bar system to connect to my 65” onn. Roku tv. I see the volume has a speaker symbol in the middle and I can control the volume with both remotes but I don’t hear anything. Please help! I have been up for hours trying to figure this out. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Onn. Sound bar won’t connect to onn. Roku tv

Jump to solution

Is it connected to hdmi-ARC? Roku tv's only have two ways to send audio out of the tv, that's by Hdmi-ARC, or using the Optical cable. Is this Onn soundbar a Roku smart soundbar? 

If it is attached to the HDMI-ARC input, go into the roku tv settings and refresh cec devices:

settings> system> control other devices CEC> search for CEC devices> refresh

Edmund

View solution in original post

Kijackson1231
Level 8

Jump to solution

I called onn. or Roku (I can’t remember which one) and they helped me go into my settings and now it works. 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Is it connected to hdmi-ARC? Roku tv's only have two ways to send audio out of the tv, that's by Hdmi-ARC, or using the Optical cable. Is this Onn soundbar a Roku smart soundbar? 

If it is attached to the HDMI-ARC input, go into the roku tv settings and refresh cec devices:

settings> system> control other devices CEC> search for CEC devices> refresh

Edmund

Jroobhill
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've done this, but I still get a NO SIGNAL, IS IT TURNED ON, when I go to the HDMI (ARC).

0 Kudos
Wkheints
Level 7

Jump to solution

What about the optic cord?  I still cannot get it to connect.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

You only use the optical cord if you don't have hdmi-arc input on your TV, don't use both, instead just use regular hdmi input. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Mella
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am not able to hear anything from my ONN soundbar.  I have the optical cable cord connected. I dont have the ability to connect a HDMI cord.  What do I do? 

0 Kudos
Tanair1
Level 7

Jump to solution

It worked with the optical cord but the door for the toslink is broken and so now I can’t get sound without the optical. And I’vetried the hdmi and the hdmi arc both are not working or any of my tv 😖😩

0 Kudos
stephiej07
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having same problem and I'm hooked up to the ARC

0 Kudos
Kijackson1231
Level 8

Jump to solution

I called onn. or Roku (I can’t remember which one) and they helped me go into my settings and now it works. 

0 Kudos
koehnej86
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have an LG Roku TV with HDMI ARC support, and this was very frustrating to get the LG sound bar to work. It takes a bit of time, but I always get it.

--First, make sure you have the HDMI plugged into your sound bars HDMI input, mine has an HDMI output and I accidentally plugged it in that since it's already mounted an hard to see.

--If it's still not working, unplug the sound bars power, turn off the TV, plug in the sound bar, turn the TV on and the sound bar.

--If that didn't work, manually reset the tv with the sound bar left on, still didn't work, factory reset tv.

I've noticed the sound bar needs to go into the ARC mode to work with HDMI ARC, so until yours does, that's why it's not working. Mine shows 2 lights next to ARC on the sound bar to signify this.