Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Onn Roku TV turns off after a while

Jump to solution

Didn’t check the other posts but could anyone help me with this: I just set this Onn Roku TV up and now I’m playing video games on it but let’s say after a good 15 minutes or so the TV turns off and it’s really annoying. It’s not the sleep timer because that is off but could it be something else ?

Edit: it’s been an hour since my initial post and it’s happening so much. “Shutting down” is what it says as if someone were manually pressing the power button on the remote to turn the TV off.

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: The TV

Jump to solution

@Grbody  Thanks for the note here. If you are experiencing power issues or need additional help, we'd recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your TV running the Roku OS. They provide direct support and warranty services for their TVs. You can locate your TV manufacturer's support information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Sounds like remote conflict, whatever your using the tv is responding to it too?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Could you elaborate a bit more ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

I have 43" TCL Roku tv but I bought recently a 5x1 Hdmi switcher to handle the growing 4k devices. Anyways IR command for 1 Hdmi input on the switcher trips  the menu key of the TV, the 5 hdmi input is the same as TV's mute key. I can live with it, just press switchers input again gets rid of the menu on screen or unmutes. It happens IR commands from one device my control another device.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Ohhh I see what you mean now. That does not seem to be the case, it just seems to be happening on its own after a short period of time.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think it’s a problem with roku itself. This is my 2nd tv first was a sharp and after 2 year it picture went completely out and now my TCL is doing to samething just shutting off randomly. I’m not tech savvy so I don’t know how to fix it. Next tv won’t be roku 

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Grbody  Thanks for the note here. If you are experiencing power issues or need additional help, we'd recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your TV running the Roku OS. They provide direct support and warranty services for their TVs. You can locate your TV manufacturer's support information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Onn Roku TV turns off after a while

Jump to solution

Your lucky. My friend keeps turning mine off in the living room while Im playing with a friend online. I wish i could keep apps from turning it off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I know exactly what you mean. My daughter has this tv in her room and it will automatically power down after about 2 hours. It’s so annoying. I don’t know if there’s a way to turn it off. @JustMee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Phines21 

Thanks for the post.

Have you checked to make sure the bandwidth saver is disabled on your Roku TV? This can be toggled through Settings > Network > Bandwidth Saver > Off.

For more information about the Bandwidth Saver feature, visit our Support page here: How do I use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over my internet data cap?

If you do not have this feature enabled and are still experiencing this issue, please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator