Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
half_court34
Reel Rookie

Onn Roku TV stuck in a Software Update.

I’ve had my 24” Onn Roku for almost a full year and just about every 3 months it has some issue. This tv was a gift last Christmas and I have enjoyed its smaller size in the cozy layout of my room.
This morning on December 5th 2021 My Tv said that it needed to update. Everything was reset and I had to reconnect to the internet. It was almost as if the tv factory reset itself. Even my apps for this tv don’t appear on the remote app I have on my phone.
After I select my Wifi Chanel and let it check for updates it says it will restart once it finishes but it’s been on all day and it’s stuck. It will just loop back to selecting internet options and then prompt the same thing over and over again. So I am stuck in a forever loop between the Wifi section and the the promise that it will reset automatically after The update is completed but before it does so it just goes right back to the Wifi selection!

SOMEBODY SAVE ME!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn Roku TV stuck in a Software Update.

Try unplugging the power for a minute or two and plug it back in.

Does is start over at the "select a language" screen?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Chichi123

I am having that same exact issue some one help meeeee

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chichi123

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting step provided by @renojim?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

@renojim wrote:

Try unplugging the power for a minute or two and plug it back in.

Does is start over at the "select a language" screen?

Mine does the same thing and when I restart the TV after unplugging it, I am presented with the screen - is this for home or store use.  I hit home and select Wi-Fi and it sits there for a bit and does the same thing. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Browning8904

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on screen? If you are being prompted with Home or Store use, its possible that the TV has been setup in Demo mode.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yanbashkin

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Yanbashkin,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please provide the information requested by @RokuDanny-R posted above in order for us to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue?
Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Batman0614

@RokuDanny-R im having the same issue. I can’t seem to get out of it.  I’ve restarted my wifi unplugged the tv several times and still the same.  Been at it for days 

0 Kudos