Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zy

Re: Onn Roku TV Keeps Crashing To The Selection Screen

Jump to solution

Did that solution work for you? I’m having the same issue as well. 

0 Kudos
Giginifur

Jump to solution

My Onn Roku tv, the $88 one from Walmart like all of these posts, updates on its own daily and the manual update did nothing. Is there going to be a solution for this or do we all just have to live with it? 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you haven't already, please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Where are we on a solution for this?

Tags (4)
MandySherrard
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is no solution and doesn’t seem to be one coming. Return it to the store is my best suggestion.

Leah00
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku device model- D803X  (onn. model 100018254)

Serial number- X007005ULH0M

Device ID- S06F407ULH0M

Software/OS version- 9.4.0  build 4200-C4

This happens sporadically with all channels, not just one. 
The tv has also started not turning on. The remote won’t work and I try the button on the tv and it won’t work either. We have to unplug the tv and wait several seconds before the light finally goes off and then unplug it and plug it back in before it will work. 

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Leah00 , it would be interesting to do home>settings>system>advanced>factory-reset. But, during the initial setup, tell it you don't have internet. If the problem occurs frequently enough, maybe you could see if it happens in this initial (un-updated) state. Maybe watch antenna tv for awhile, or an HDMI device. (Assuming watching those things leads to the same problem you're having now.).

After awhile, go to home>settings>network to setup your network connection. Then see if the problem resumes (after the tv is updated to the latest update. That might take a day or two. I don't know if does it immediately.).

It would be interesting to see if it's due to being recently updated. If it still happens when when you're un-updated, then it must be a hardware problem. You said it happens on different channels. If you mean antenna channels, then you could stay disconnected from the internet and watch antenna tv (if it's the update that caused the problem.).

(One thing to check before trying the factory reset would be home>settings>system>power. If "fast-start" is enabled there, try disabling it and then do the "restart" in that menu.  Sometimes fast-start causes problems, and restart fixes problems (sometimes related, sometimes not). )

You could put your tv on an ordinary timer that would cause it to turn off (unplug) for an hour every night (middle of the night). Those rotary timers that have little push-down segments to have on/off periods.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
Jpenn886

Jump to solution

Did you ever find a solution? My tv is basically unwatchable because of it. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Leah00 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Leah00
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Jpenn886 wrote:

Did you ever find a solution? My tv is basically unwatchable because of it. 

The only “solution” that works for me is unplugging the tv and waiting a couple minutes before plugging back in. So far it will work after doing that for at least a day or so.