Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Onn Roku Soundbar Unable to connect to network

I have the onn Roku soundbar I have everything connected and it did the update but once it restarted it took me to the beginning and when I try to connect to my network it tells me it’s unable to password is correct cause it literally just worked a min ago. I can not get past this point

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Onn Roku Soundbar Unable to connect to network

@Lostmom567 

Thanks for reaching out! Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you please provide a bit more information? 

- What specific make and model of wireless router are you using? 

- Is your wireless network configured to broadcast a 2.4 or 5GHz wireless network? (Your ISP can help you determine this.) 

- If your wireless network name or password has any special characters or punctuation marks in it, have you tried removing these to see if this allows you to get connected again? 

- Have you tried connecting the soundbar to another wireless network to see if you experience the same issue?

With more information, we can continue investigating this for you, and working to help get you back up and running. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having a similar problem.  Just purchased Onn Roku soundbar Model #:100002421.  I'm trying to connect to my home network provided by CenturyLink.  It's a DSL MODEM/router model C1900A.  It says that it's a 802.11n router.  I have serveral iphones and ipads connected to this network.  The soundbar recognizes the network and also picks up the extender with 2.4 and 5G.  All with excellent signal strength.  The soundbar will not connect upon entering the password which is 12 lower case letter and 3 numbers.  The soundbar will connect to my neighbors WIFI (no password) with the lowest signal strength.  We downloaded all updates and apps which took forever.  After restarting soundbar and my router it still will not connect to my network.  I established a hotspot with my iphone and  was able to connect the soundbar to my iphone hotspot, but it would not connect to the internet.  Please help.  thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@DJL2EGGR 

Thanks for the note here. A few more questions here to help clarify further: 

- When you say your soundbar will see your network, but will not connect, do you see an error message or code on screen? If so, what appears? 

- The next time you attempt to connect and encounter this issue, please generate an issue report tracker ID by pressing the home button 5 times, followed by the back button 5 times. 

- Have you tried disabling the 2.4GHz broadcast from your router to see if this allows your soundbar to connect to the network? You might also try changing the wireless broadcast channel on your router to see if this makes any difference. (As a sidenote, Roku devices do not support the use of DFS wireless channels.) 

- Does your router have any settings enabled that may filter devices from connecting, such as MAC address filtering, etc.? 

With more information, we can continue assisting you from there. Feel free to follow up via private message with the extra details above, and include the serial number of your onn soundbar from Settings>System>About. 

Thanks,

Tanner

- Have you contacted your ISP to see if they any troubleshooting or diagnostics they can assist you with? 

0 Kudos