0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Onn 16 soundbar

@DavidRobinson 

Thanks for the post.

Is there an issue that we can assist you with regarding the Roku Smart Soundbar?

For more information about the Roku Smart Soundbar, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® Smart Soundbar?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Melawoman
Level 7

I got the onn 16" soundbar to add to my onn 24" Roku tv in my cat room. All I want to do is have a better sound than the TV has on its own. I hooked it up with the cables provided, and I cannot get any sound from it. I fooled around and paired the bluetooth with my phone, and got sound from it when I played a YouTube video trying to figure out my problem, but the video did not help. I simply want the soundbar hooked to my onn Roku TV, nothing fancy. Why the heck am I having such a problem. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

It looks like it has rca and optical inputs, since the roku tv has no rca outputs you have to use the optical cable only. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Melawoman
Level 7

This is the third time I've tried to reply to tiviburkee and keep getting an error message. I plugged in the cords that came with the soundbar in the only possible way they could be plugged. Still no sound. Don't know what an optical cable is, or rca for that matter. RCA was a brand of TV when I was growing up..

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

RCA is also called composite its the red and white patch cables. Optical has a single point on the end, it carries a light beam and plugs into jack with a flap. You don't use both, use either one or the other.  You want sound to go from the tv to the soundbar, so the soundbar has inputs, the tv has the outputs. But the Roku tv don't have composite outputs only inputs. You don't to connect an input to another input. In to out,or out to in. Look for the flap on the tv, like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=optical+output+image&rlz=1C1JZAP_enUS885US885&sxsrf=ALeKk03DfzLxDGoJ...

Edmund
0 Kudos