Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
profxfiles

Older TCL TV and Airplay Options

I have an older TCL TV (6102X)  that is not listed as being compatible with the new Airplay support.  I'm trying to decide what to do, as this would be something I would LOVE to have.  So, should I:

1--Wait for Roku to roll out support for older TCL setups?

2--Buy a new Roku Ultra to plug into my existing TV?

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Older TCL TV and Airplay Options

#2. Or, even Apple TV? I don't know anything about it. But, AirPlay is an Apple thing. Why not use an Apple streaming box?

I doubt Roku will roll out AirPlay for older tvs. I think you'd be waiting for no reason. 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Messier66

Re: Older TCL TV and Airplay Options

I had this issue— was driving me mad trying to play tunes from my phone over the tv connection to my stereo.  I think the chipset in the TCL is an older one.  Who knows—  So— I bought a new Roku Express 4k, $25 at Amazon, now everything works like a charm.  

0 Kudos