Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZeroNull
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Channel does not play ANYTHING

Jump to solution

Why is there not been a true solution to this issue?

Restarting the router/modem does nothing. Factory resetting does nothing. Uninstalling Roku Channel, restarting, then reinstalling does nothing. Everything does not help playback for the Roku Channel. Every other channel works perfectly fine without any issues. Makes absolutely no sense how the Roku channel does not work on several Roku devices. I've spent thousands of dollars on Roku devices to find out if it's merely one device and it's not. A select few live TV channels within the Roku channel will play but that's it, not a single TV series or movie will play.

Seriously would like to understand why this has not been fixed.

AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play

Jump to solution

Still no fix in 6 days. Should I be opening a service code with ROKU? Would that be of any help at all?

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AlanAnderson

Thanks for the information. 

Please be advised that we have already passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
LCT
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel not loading streaming content

Jump to solution

same issue.  All other channels will load and stream program content. Roku channel does not, it merely tries, then resets to same screen . I have tried all the same stuff as BOB-no difference.

Since this is only on Roku channel I have not done a factory reset, but every thing else--reboot, software update check, removed and reinstalled roku channel, reboot, reboot, reboot.

Would not recommend stock in roku!

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LCT

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We acknowledge the issue you are experiencing, and we would like to forward your information to our Roku team for further investigation. Kindly provide us with the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • GC build (this can be found by scrolling up within The Roku Channel and selecting About)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the Roku team.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

12 days and counting. How patient should I (and others) be? 2 weeks? a month? half a year? 

0 Kudos
AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

3 weeks and still no answer to why I can't get Roku channel programs. I just tried again and it still faills the same way. 

Sending photos once again. Please figure this out and respond. 

IMG-3861.jpgIMG-3860.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AlanAnderson,

Thanks for following up with additional information.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when streaming The Roku Channel, along with all the necessary details that we needed in order to investigate this issue further.

Rest assured that we have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We apologize for the delay in the solution and ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AlanAnderson 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with the information that you provided.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is still continuing their investigation regarding the kickback you are seeing when trying to play content on The Roku Channel.

At this time, they have requested if you can provide the IP address from whatismyip.com. Please feel free to send this information via PM as this may be considered private information.

We appreciate your assistance in this continued investigation.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LCT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update to original post;

Problem disappeared. Originally started over a month ago--episodes would not load.  I had not changed any configurations. Using an ultra that has been installed since 2019.  ALL other channels would work ok.

Other info:Internet service provider was cable , but I changed to a wireless provider about a year ago; all was working.  I changed to a wireless  provider as they had a good price. I changed back to my original internet service provider (cable) this week because the price for the same 100mbs was $25/mo vs the $50/mo from the wireless provider.  Plus, the wireless provider was going to start charging me an additional $5/mo to autopay via my ccard.

NOTE: I did not change because of the roku issue.

Back to the roku channel issue: I tried everything I could find to resolve the issue, as many of you have also done. Nothing made any difference.

BUT, now I can stream episodes on the roku channel having reverted back to my cable service provider. Who only knows--the shadow knows.  I can only guess there is something in the internet transmission protocols that affect roku but not the other channels.

I cannot recommend you change your service provider.  My hope is that "ROKU" looks into this issue.