Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

Content on the Roku Channel will not play. If it's a previously viewed show (e.g. Antiques Road Show), when I click Resume, the white bar with the word "Resume" indicates "Loading" then the screen goes black for a brief instant, and then I'm back to where I started - at the Resume button. The show will not play.

I have also tried a show that I've never watched before (Kevin Can Wait). When I click Play, the same thing described above happens and the show does not play.

Here are steps I tried...

1. Remove the Roku Channel

2. Go into Settings and Restart the system

3. Add the Roku Channel

Attempts to play result in the same behavior described above.

I have restarted my modem. But no other devices (computers) are experiencing issues with internet connectivity.

I have restarted the television. 

I went in to Settings and verified that there are no Connection issues.

Channels like BritBox and Peacock play content without any problems.

Model: 3920X - Roku Premiere

Serial: YH00C7193952

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-91

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for patience while we continue to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that we did release an update that we believe helped resolve the issue for some customers.

If you are still experiencing an issue with playing content on The Roku Channel, please provide us with the following information on this new thread:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, software OS/version, and IP address (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing
  • where are you currently located
  • who is your ISP (internet service provider)
  • are you using a VPN

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
183 REPLIES 183
Bob_sl

Roku channel not loading streaming content

Jump to solution

The roku channel on my roku ultra and roku 4 will not load/play any streaming content. Live content will play. I have removed the channel, restarted the roku player and added back the roku channel several times all to no avail. I also unlinked the player fro my account and relinked it in an attempt to fix the problem.This has been going on for about 2 months now. All other channels work fine. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku channel not loading streaming content

Jump to solution

@Bob_sl 

Appears to be an issue being looked into by Roku.  Have seen similar postings recently where the Roku Channel content won't load but the Live TV will work fine.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-channel-shows-not-playing/m-p/851957#M132135

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
ZeroNull
Streaming Star

Roku Channel does not play ANYTHING

Jump to solution

The people I live with and I have several Roku devices between all of us and we find it odd that ONLY the Roku channel does not play ANY movies/TV series. I've personally factory reset, bought new Roku devices, removed the Roku channel & readded it and yet nothing changes. Every channel works as it should but how can the Roku channel on many different Roku devices not play anything on the Roku channel... I have searched for a solution and cannot find anything that seems to do what I haven't done already.

(Edit: I have been checking several times throughout the week to see if the Roku channel works properly and making certain everything is updated.)

I don't need a replacement since I've bought several brand spankin' new Roku devices and all have the same problem. And I know thousands of people seemingly have the same problem too.

I'm merely curious how can Roku's channel not work as every other channel does. It's bewildering.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel does not play ANYTHING

Jump to solution

Hi @ZeroNull,

Saw your post.

We sincerely appreciate your patience regarding your channel playback issue with The Roku Channel and we have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Our priority is to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Roku Channel Won't Play

Jump to solution

I have tried to add several series that are on Roku Channel such as Deadwood. **bleep** on wheels, Broadchurch but when I click on any episode it shows LOADING for a half second but goes back to the episode menu without loading anything. I have a Roku Express in the living room and another in the bedroom and both fail the same way. Have rebooted them, rebooted router, TV to no avail. 

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play

Jump to solution

Hi @AlanAnderson

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear you are having issues when streaming on The Roku Channel. To clarify, does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? 

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System >  System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It occurs only on Roku Channel, all others (Paramount, Peacock, Prime and others) work fine. I have uninstalled Roku Channel, rebooted and reinstalled Roku Channel  with no change in symptoms. It is powered via power strip, not the TV.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AlanAnderson 

Thanks for the update. 

We'd like to look into this issue and help you get back to streaming. Can you provide with us the information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Model 3930mx

Serial  x00400642L4H

ID s01152142L4H

Sys 11.5.0 build 4312-AE

The Roku Channel