Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwk
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.0] roku 11 update has broken sanyo smart tv

so, we had a 3 month old sanyo roku tv, and when it updated from 10.5 to 11, it ceased functioning. believing the tv itself had problems, we bricked it and bought another. worked fine for 4 days, then updated itself from 10.5 to 11...now it is also a brick. we have tried all the usual unplug, reinstall, secret screens etc, it just wont work on ANY CHANNEL. internet connectivity is great, close to 30 MBPS. there now an update available, ver 11.0.0.4184 up from 11.0.0.4180.....great, but it refuses to download...keeps saying to try again, or cant update at this time etc etc etc....my question is, can i roll back the version to 10.5 in any way?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku 11 update has broken sanyo smart tv

@kwk 

Try connecting your RokuTV to a mobile hotspot and see if you can download the new OS update.

Otherwise, you can try disabling the 5ghz band of your network and see if the RokuTV can connect to your 2.4 ghz band in order to complete update.

Need to kind of determine if this is indeed an OS update issue or a network issue. (Not out of the question that OS update is responsible, but sometimes is just a coincidence when issues arise.)

Feel free to post back if you need more help.  Include router model number and ISP (internet service provider.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: [OS 11.0] roku 11 update has broken sanyo smart tv

@kwk 

If none of @AvsGunnar's  suggestions work, try the the USB update method:

https://tvupdate.roku.com/index?p=select

Have your Roku model & serial #s handy (Settings/System/About)

0 Kudos
kwk
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.0] roku 11 update has broken sanyo smart tv

oops that did not work was the step 3 of of 4 reply. and to gunnars reply, we have 5 roku devices, the only ones we can not use are the smart tvs which have upgraded to v11

0 Kudos