Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbarradas
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Just to add to the above, I can't even mirror my tablet's display to the TV (without using any apps whatsoever). The TV just freezes on loading video.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dbarradas

Thanks for the post.
Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What are you seeing on screen? Are you able to play any channels or does the issue happen across all channels?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dbarradas
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

As detailed through PM to you on Dec. 5th, I am unable to stream video in any app I've tried, including Netflix, Disney+, YouTube, WeatherNews, CBCNews, or the very own RokuTV. Casting any content from a mobile device (e.g., my tablet screen also does not work).

I've ran through all the troubleshooting advice provided in this thread (system restart, networking restart, full factory reset, etc.) but I remain unable to stream any content whatsoever. My TV attempts to start loading a given video content, spins the wheel for a while, and then suddendly goes back to the 'Home' screen. 

The details of my equipment are as follows.

Roku TV C257X
HiSense Model: 43R6+ 
Serial Number X00100S58P61
Software Version 10.5.0 build 4210 (originally 4201-94 in Dec 5th -- since then updated to 4210 -- but all the issues remain)

How can you help me?

0 Kudos
ukfigs
Binge Watcher

Same issue still not resolved, coming up for 8 weeks and no response from Roku, same list of issues on my 7XXX series TCL TV:

1. Slow channel loading

2. OTA TV signals low and channel guide has no information

3. German text screen prior to loading amazon prime

4. Constant buffering on every channel

6. Youtube slow to load, thumbnails slow to populate, videos slow to load with lots of blank screens, and lots of buffering.

The most frustrating aspect is that 10.0 worked fine with none of these issues and when it rolled back to 10.0 it fixed everything and then updated to 10.5 and broke everything again. I have tried to get a roll back and leave it alone but no response. I have tried Roku, TCL, BestBuy, Geek Squad, twitter, facebook, Cord Cutter with no result from Roku. I even set up the TV as a dumb TV disconnected from the internet and bought a stick 4k and plugged it into the TV and it works for a while but shuts down the TV after 20 minutes for some reason. It is time Roku either fixed this firmware or roll it back to 10.0 for the affected group of products and disable auto updates. This is beyond frustration.

0 Kudos
ukfigs
Binge Watcher

After Roku's total lack of support in fixing this issue or even caring for its existing legacy customer base I have solved my problem the old-fashioned American way, I returned my TCL Roku TV under my extended warranty as defective and received a full credit for the purchase price against a new TV. I fully detailed the chain of events, the status of my TV, and the steps I have taken with Roku and TCL to get the problem fixed and their total lack of response. Needless to say I did not buy another TCL/Roku based product and decided to go with a manufacturer who controls both the hardware and the software for their products. TCL and Roku have lost a customer for good which is a shame as under release 10.0 the TV was working fine but 2 months of a bricked TV in the main family room is just not acceptable. There is serious competition in the marketplace for customer eyeballs for the advertising revenue they are chasing and good customer experience and service is one of the key elements to keep them. It will not include me.

Fkhayatt21

Re: Picture quality problems after 10.5

Yes! I am having the same issues 10.5.0 build 4210! The streaming picture quality is awful. I am having to go through my Chromecast  to watch anything. It’s terrible. 

0 Kudos
Zenofile

Same problem.  I got a new update and my Roku basically stopped working.  

waste of time hours researching only to see the same issue repeated over and over with no real solution. 

If I have to do a factory reset I will buy a chrome cast - same amount of effort and new devices usually work gif a year.   

roku. Waste of money. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Zenofile

Thanks for the post.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos