Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

Re: Latest 10.5 revision fixed NONE of my issues. How about you?

Similar problems here FUBO won’t load, main reason I have FUBO is for live sports, but last two weekends have been unable to watch football on it. Seems like rather than resolving and replying to customers they are removing comment threads that discuss these issues. The odd thing is, I have 2 TV’s with Roku sticks that seem to work (but not in convenient location for primary use) while my primary TV, a TCL/Roku TV is having major issues. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Wedriscoll, I know Roku needs to get their act together with this 10.5 update, but I want to point out just in case it hadn't occurred to you that you can connect one of the working sticks to the Roku TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

While that’s true, that defeats the whole purpose of a Roku TV. 

Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

Does anyone at Roku care? Still having issue Hulu won’t work, error code 504, FUBO spins, Disney+ Error Code 42. Prime video hangs and spins, what is going on?

Time to never buy any roku device again.

While the 10.5 update might have helped, still pending evaluation, this is excusable and shows the software is no longer important to Roku and will continue to decline. You have caused so much frustration for people like me - who have rewired, reworked, and fought to resolve this critical core issue.

Update: 2 weeks later.....The 10.5 update was just more wasted time. I will NEVER buy any ROKU stand alone product again. And I have owned many over the years.

0 Kudos
ukfigs
Binge Watcher

Unfortunately that does not resolve the OTA issues caused by the 10.5 release (pixelization due to reduced signal strength, tv guide not populating etc.). TCL says this is a Roku problem and Bestbuy extended warranty only covers hardware not software issues like this so we are essentially stuck until either this release is fixed or we can roll back to 10.0 and prevent automatic updates. Very frustrating as this has been going on for months and the TV is only 3 years old and is basically unusable. The moderators here try to help but they do not control the situation.

0 Kudos
SusanClaire
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TVs experiencing connectivity/loading channel issues

My Hisense Roku TV hasn't worked since the Dec 22 2:10 am (CST) update. It won't even let me check for new updates. I restored the system and it seemed a bit better, but then it reverted. It also has an intermittent connectivity issue. My phone and table are right next to it with no connectivity issues.
I can get local channels, but no services.  Any new suggestions? If I do a factory restore, and reset everything up, will it then just update itself and go bad?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
SusanClaire
Reel Rookie

How can we roll back to 10 and prevent updates?
I got mine at Costco, I can try returning it, but I'd rather it just worked again.

0 Kudos
Jsip10
Reel Rookie

PXL_20211227_054959344.jpg

Hopefully Danny can help me with this since his instructions to send him a PM don't work. 

0 Kudos
ukfigs
Binge Watcher

Same build number here and same issues still, it is coming up for 5 weeks and crickets on a fix or another roll back solution. I found out you can manually update the TV with a USB stick if you do not have internet connectivity, a start would be to let those of us who have the 7XXX series TCL TV have access to the previously working 10.0 release as a download for a USB update and we could at least roll back to a working unit each time the system automatically updates the TV to 10.5 until the release is fixed properly. Painful but better than the current situation.