Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsAprilB

Prime video, YouTube, Disney plus apps NOT WORKING

Have TCL with internal Roku, 2021. Starting today, YouTube, Disney Plus, Prime Video apps won't work. Removing and re-adding doesn't work. All apps and roku has been updated. Anyone else???

0 Kudos
Jmc154

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Hi Danny, 

I am unable to private message you, but my Roku has had terrible issues (slow loading, quality of picture is abysmal, action sports are completely blurry, and even the colors are subpar, etc.) since the November 9th software update from 10.0 to 10.5.  I would like to have my system rolled back to the 10.0 software which I had prior to November 9th.  It is currently unwatchable and I am utterly dissatisfied with the quality of the current Roku software. Please rollback my update to 10.0 because everything worked fine with that version. 

RokuTV: A114X 

TCL model: 65R635 

Serial number: X00300T50674

Device ID: S05FY0C50674 

Software: 10.5.0 build 4201-88 (today I received another system update to version 10.5.0 build 4210-88 but it has done nothing to help solve all of the problems I have encountered with the 10.5.0 software)

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide! 

Musoka
Roku Guru

Updated from build 4201 to build 4210 today and what a shock, literally none of my litany of problems created by the update to 10.5 are fixed. Disney and paramount still have network issues (likely dns rollover related). My TV tuner still shows one bar which is a real hassle when you have to readjust antenna in your area for certain channels. My ONN (TV guide still populates no information for all entries despite the system receiving program descriptions. The channel its on is displayed correctly. No changelogs for updates I can find but this fixed none of my problems. And reading others, none of theirs either. This is going to really blow up in this companies face once people start unwrapping Christmas gifts and firmware updates break what was fine out of the box. For a company valued in the BILLIONS of dollars, this has really become a months long circus. And this isn't the first time my year old set had critical issues that took five months to fix (that problem was broken tcon firmware that flashed black squares on my screen if you're curious). Do yourself a favor and look at other options. This company has lost the engineers that wrote this code or something else major is going on. Not to mention it seems to literally be only a few dozen employees running this ultra rich company. Buyer beware! 

MichaelS1
Binge Watcher

Same here. I've been checking for updates daily and was excited to see one was finally available. Downloaded 4210, nothing is changed nothing is fixed. This is infuriating.

0 Kudos
Milly1
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, 

I am unable to private message you, but my Roku has had terrible issues (slow loading, quality of picture is abysmal, action sports are completely blurry, and even the colors are subpar, etc.) since the November 9th software update from 10.0 to 10.5.  I would like to have my system rolled back to the 10.0 software which I had prior to November 9th.  It is currently unwatchable and I am utterly dissatisfied with the quality of the current Roku software. Please rollback my update to 10.0 because everything worked fine with that version. 

RokuTV: A114X 

TCL model: 65R635 

Serial number: X00300T50674

Device ID: S05FY0C50674 

Software: 10.5.0 build 4201-88 (today I received another system update to version 10.5.0 build 4210-88 but it has done nothing to help solve all of the problems I have encountered with the 10.5.0 software)

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide! 

0 Kudos
Nosky357

Experiencing slow loading of various channels now after 10.5 build 4210. Netflix in particular will load but requires a full hard reset of the tv once it begins failing to load content. Please advise on either rolling back to stable software or an eta on a new stable build.

65R635

10.5.0 build 4210

0 Kudos
Tvuserinwi
Reel Rookie

I can’t steam Hulu, HBO Max or Amazon Prime.  I stopped trying others.  It all started with my upgrade to 10.5.

Roku TV 7116x

TCL 43S517

software version 10.5.0 build 4210 (there was an update this morning) and still has same issues.  

0 Kudos
Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

Yes I loaded the latest build yesterday, hoping FUBO would work so I could watch football games (one of the main reasons I shell out $60 a month) and for the second week it wasn’t working. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We are aware of the issue that is affecting Roku devices with connectivity/loading channels and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating and working on a resolution.

We appreciate your patience during this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TVs experiencing connectivity/loading channel issues

So you had a thread with multiple comments, including several that stated they still have issues with the latest update, but you “believe you fixed the problem” and closed the thread? Ridiculous!