Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aarthur

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Danny,

I am experiencing loading issues on all streaming channels Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, Pluto, etc. I can’t even get on to the Roku channels themselves where prior to the update I could do all of these things. I have done all of the work arounds including factory reset and unplugging the tv. I’ve went through each different service and made sure they were updated and still not able to load them. Nothing has worked making my tv useless. 
Roku TV C802X  

Onn. Model 100012588

Serial Number X000002T2A9N

Software Version 10.5.0 build 4201-CM

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Baffling this company would rather keep fighting us rather than roll back units. You guys are at the top of my list now for horrible customer service. There's a lot of us here in IT etc that are probably the person that gets asked a lot for opinions on buying tech that will now u up out of their way to tell people anything but you. Public opinion grows outward from conversations. And you have left a whole lot of very unhappy people with products you broke yourself. 

Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

I have a Roku/TCL TV. Roku model C105X, TCL model 50S425, Roku OS 10.5.0 Build 4201-93. I have major problems with Loading and streaming issues, and have attempted the manual update and get told “I’m up to date” and still the problem occurs. How long do I have to live with this? 

0 Kudos
lilsmama
Channel Surfer

My TLC Roku TV is working poorly since the update. My mobile app can't find my TV, my system is laggy and slow, and I keep having to reset network to get things to function.

I'm wondering why I don't have the option to roll back to 10.0? When I go to settings, system, system update, I'm told my system is up to date.

Could Roku help, please? And, given all the issues, maybe everyone could be given the ability to roll back? 

Here's my info. Thanks for checking all these out!

-Roku device model: Roku TV C134X, TCL Model 43S435
-serial number: X00000WLRMRJ
-device ID: S02ST11LRMRJ
-software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4201-93

0 Kudos
Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

Now it’s getting worse. Can’t watch live TV, can’t steam. I have Netflix, Peacock, FUBO, and Disney+ bundle, and haven’t been able to reliably watch anything for a few days. 

0 Kudos
lilsmama
Channel Surfer

I'm so upset that I bought a Roku TV. I've been searching for ways to uninstall Roku and use a Fire stick on my TV instead, but you can't fully remove it, and it sounds like my mobile remote issues, at least, would continue even if I did that. 

Off to TCL customer service to find out what they can do.

0 Kudos
stephen01
Reel Rookie

My 65 inch TV stopped loading ROKU channels after build 10.5 .. All else works. I tried to do factory reset and everything.. No work......... Been about a week. Late today the TV started working on the ROKU channels... Still says i have build 10.5 so must have change software on their server end..

0 Kudos
brown131

I rolled back to 10.0.0 in the prescribed manner last week when your 10.5.0 build 4201-46 broke a bunch of my apps. But now I see you pushed 10.5.0 build 4208 on 12/1 and now even *more* of my apps are broken. Seriously?

1. Test your freaking software before pushing it and 2. Ensure that users can rollback if things break. I don't appreciate having my apps broken because your engineers are too incompetent to do proper testing. I'm a software engineer myself so I know better than to do this, and have little patience for this kind of foolishness.

I guess I'm going to go another weekend without my favorite content.

SteveHC1
Streaming Star

These types of problems are PRECISELY why I almost *NEVER* recommend that people rely on or even use their tv’s built-in “smart” (i.e. internet tv) features and generally do NOT recommend to most people that they buy a “Roku tv” unless they or a trusted and VERY experienced and knowledgeable (re the Roku system and modern tv electronics, firmware and software) are nearby and readily available for assistance when needed.

Internet video services and their hardware and related OS requirements are constantly being updated and “upgraded” - sometimes bug-free, often times not at least to start - and ultimately the requirements of an “upgraded” OS WILL exceed the capabilities of the tv set’s hardware thus rendering a Roku tv’s hardware obsolete - potentially to the point of being non-functional - even though there is nothing inherently “wrong” with that hardware.

It is also FAR easier to troubleshoot and/or upgrade when a modern tv and “set top box” (i.e. Roku device) are physically SEPERATE units rather than combined into one physical unit (just like it’s far easier to troubleshoot and even upgrade one’s LAN hardware when the modem and router are seperate units rather than combined into one so-called “gateway” device).

0 Kudos
Cbsanders
Reel Rookie

Ok, I FINALLY got D+ to start cooperating.  I'm not sure which of these actually fixed it, but here's what I ended up doing all at once the other morning:

1. Check Router firmware and update
2. changed DNS Settings in router to Google DNS (8.8.8.8) and Cloudflare as secondary (1.1.1.1).  I'd been routing through a PiHole previously, which then used these DNS servers itself.  Changing my DNS bypassed the PiHole.
3. Removed my SmartTV from the Router's DHCP table to force a new lease.

After all of that... it FINALLY started letting the D+ app communicate.  I suspect it was likely the PiHole that was the main problem, but I've found ZERO other reports of D+ vs PiHole conflicts online.  It also doesn't explain why the problem started exactly when I updated the Roku to 10.5.

ither way, if you're having trouble, try your DNS and see if that does anything.  Your mileage may vary.