Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musoka
Roku Guru

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Daily reminder- Roku broke who knows how many of their products with a bad firmware update weeks/months ago (depending on model) and so far are not rolling back affected broken sets. Signal strength is botched causing ota TV hard to watch, the in set program guide no longer populates any data, Disney+ and paramount+ (paid services) are broken for many of us. Rolling back firmware fixed these issues for all of us but the units update themselves back to broken firmware. 15 pages and counting of complaints for over a month and no answers from anyone, mods hands are clearly tied, nobody has the power or the will to address the massive problem. If you want to literally have months of broken products out of every year, this is the company for you! 

BKE502
Reel Rookie

I have exactly the same problem. Tech rolled my firmware back to 10.0.0 a few days ago and fixed the problem. Now my TV has updated back to 10.5.0, tech support refusing to fix my TV by rolling it back again. The last call I had from Tech support told me they are not allowed to rollback firmware anymore so don't ask. I said ok, good luck. I'm sure you will have a loss in the future. Too many people having same problem from 10.5.0 firmware....

RyanPm40
Streaming Star

Yep. I bought a Chromecast with Google TV 3-4 weeks ago when this issue began and I haven't looked back. It has a much better user interface and Google Assistant is super useful. Even when they did roll me back to 10.0, I've felt no need or desire to return to it. The only thing it's missing is an Xfinity app.

Musoka
Roku Guru

Daily bump to keep unresolved issues at the forefront. Roku is still asking customers for data to fix their problem two months later. People with literal broken TV tuners and paid apps that don't connect. If you think buying products that literally don't work for months at a time, Roku is your brand! One year old TV took five months to fix bad tcon firmware and black squares flashing on my screen. I got four months of a working TV out of one year. Now two more months broken with a new host of problems. This isn't acceptable, this is a huge, international company. Not some guy selling a new product out of his garage. 

rm5
Streaming Star

five months to fix bad tcon firmware and black squares flashing on my screen. I got four months of a working TV out of one year. Now two more months broken

Months (years?) through several updates to enable Display off when using TuneIn. Roku said it was TuneIn's problem, but it occurred on another channel. TuneIn said it was Roku.

Mathmom
Channel Surfer

They've had me reboot my router, try a different network and now they want me to do a factory reset. Has that worked for anyone? I totally get going through a triaged systematic way of problem resolution but unless that has worked for some, it feels like the issue is the updated OS to 10.5

(TCL roku here with 4201-88 build and 10.5 OS)

Musoka
Roku Guru

Factory reset did absolutely nothing for me. I wasted an entire evening messing with this thing (my background is in IT) Tell them you did it and it did nothing... They are useless. If you have tech news outlets you read, send them a tip on this story. They are clearly out of their depth and unwilling to hire the help they need. 

Dani44
Channel Surfer

I tried one last time (after 10+ tries) to get my remote to connect to the streaming stick.  It finally worked but I don't know what I did different this time v. the other many, many times.  The stick was frozen I learned, the light was solid the other times but all the sudden this time after disconnecting and reconnecting, it started to blink.  Here are the steps in case this helps you or anyone else but again, no idea why it worked this time!

Order that I did everything:

TV turned off

Disconnect power cord from stick

Disconnect stick from tv

take batteries out of remote (can't remember if this was first step or after the stick was disconnected

Wait a few minutes, then plug power cord into stick

Re-connect stick into tv port

Re-insert batteries

0 Kudos
jcubed59
Reel Rookie

My background is in IT as well @Musoka. I did all of the troubleshooting recommended by the community admin, prior to ever finding this PROBLEM in Roku’s community forum. When I launch any app the UI works and I see the normal interface, home, guide, channels, etc., e.g., Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, SlingTV, etc. When I launch a channel in SlingTV, the UI looks normal, but no video displays or sound heard. However, for a fraction of a second after launching the channel, video will flash (display) and vanish into purple haze. Many with similar complaints in the Downdetector forum and Twitter.

MichaelS1
Binge Watcher

My background is also in IT, and I'm experiencing a ton of issues on my 55S525 TV. 

A week ago my TV updated and I started having purple visual artifacts on any HDMI input while running a PC. Initially I thought it was the cable, I replaced it, issues persisted, then I tested a gaming laptop as a different source, still broken, different HDMI ports, still freaking out. I reset the TV hoping it'd fix it, but still no change. I thought it might be hardware failure but I've found a forum on roku with users experiencing this exact problem, triggered by an update, about 3 years ago. I can't find it rn as I'm at work, but this is ridiculous. 

I want to go back to 10.0. I just want my TV to work. Roku OS is so simple it should be far more stable than it is. At this point I'd rather have a display without a smart OS so it can just work as intended.