Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psugalen
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

I will probably have to wait for Danny because I followed those instructions and got to The Secret screen but none of the options seem to show the ability to roll back the software version

Lane03
Roku Guru

Sorry about that. You used to be able to rollback via the secret menu, but looks like Roku removed that ability at some point in the past couple years.

Psugalen
Binge Watcher

Finally I checked for a manual update and it was ready for me to roll back to the previous version. Everything is working great for now! My only question now is if there is any way to turn off automatic updates or how do we know this won't happen again?

Lane03
Roku Guru

Only way is to not have it connected to the internet, which would defeat it's purpose lol

Psugalen
Binge Watcher

All right so I guess the alternative is to cross our fingers and hope the roku people learned their lesson.  lol.

I have a TCL 65s535 that is a Roku tv a116x. it's on version 10.5.0 build 4201-88. I have tried to update for the downgrade but am not seeing anything new. When will the update be pushed for my tv?

Djab203
Reel Rookie

My TCL 65 7xxx had the same issues after the update to 10.5 ... Today I did a manual update which downgraded it to 10.0.0 and now all my issues are gone. I spent a few days on the phone with TCL support assuring them it is not my tv and they were building a case for Roku but today I let them know Roku has already addressed this problem with a downgrade. Hopefully everyone with issues can use the downgrade.

Djab203
Reel Rookie

To do a manual downgrade go to settings > system > system update and click check now. If your device model is on the list to receive a downgrade you will see it. If you don't see anything that means roku needs to make it available for your device model. I know the downgrade is currently available for devices starting with 7xxx

Bowtiepony

I am having the same issue on my Insignia Roku TV 5402x. How do I get it reverted back to the older software version?

Cbsanders
Reel Rookie

What about those of us with RokuTV sets that aren't in the 7xxx series?  We're all hosed too, but don't have the option to "update" to the older OS.  When will it be released to those of us with TVs purchased new literally 1 year ago to the day?  If it's just a rollback to the previous version, then SOMEONE has to have the old OS sitting on a file server somewhere.  If nothing else, just make it available to download and install via USB.  This shouldn't be hard.