Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pap83
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

Same. Updated last night, Hisense Roku 50R7+ with 10.5 build 4201-94. All OTA at one bar.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: OTA Signal Level Indicator Inaccurate after SW 10.5.0 Build 4201-30

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
ems2158
Reel Rookie

ota signal strength indicator

Jump to solution

After recent software update, the signal strength bars all show one bar for ota tv on two Roku tvs.

Channels are all being received the same as before the update. It is just the signal strength bars that seem to be not displaying properly.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ota signal strength indicator

Jump to solution

Same thing here since receiving Roku 10.5.  Can't see that my reception has changed, so I agree it seems jut to be an issue with displaying the reception bars, not with the reception itself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ems2158
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I spent about an hour checking my antenna, pre-amp, coax connections before I came to suspect the software update 

Does Roku staff ever look here? What do we need to do to have them fix this?

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'd like to add that the 10.5 update broke this on my live guide as well. Additionally, the guide never populates info on the shows anymore. The info is there as it displays this on screen for the channel currently selected as well as having the info in the antenna secret menu. But the guide just says no information across the board. Disney+ also broke with this update. Hours wasted factory resetting, investigating my home network, TV secret menus etc. I finally found and went through the trouble of rolling my set back to FW 10.0 and fixed ALL of this only for roku to automatically update it again aha lock me out from being able to roll back again. INFURIATING! Honestly won't recommend this brand at this point. This isn't my first issue. That one took six months before they fixed it. So now I guess we just can't use disney+. Awesome, thanks for being control freaks, repeatedly damaging my product with your updates. I WANT A WAY TO PREVENT FURTHER UPDATES 

TCL 55S20

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Bringing this to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R & @RokuKariza-D

Also, I haven't been able to find any information on  "secret" service menus specific to Roku TVs.  I wonder if there is one giving access to numerical OTA signal strength data.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Turned on my TCL/Roku this morning to find a "special" announcement on the opening screen about Roku's latest update (11/16) features.

Only feature they didn't include was getting my signal strength meter to work.

This will be my last TCL/Roku.

cflusflwfl

Jump to solution

The broke OTA signal strength meter hasn't been working on both my ONN and TCL televisions for awhile now. I am not at home right now, but this is not just a 10.5 update issue. My TCL was on version 9.4 and the ONN on version 10.0 and the signal strength was broke. Both updated to 10.5 last night and the issue is still there. 

0 Kudos
ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's not the TCL, it's the OS.

0 Kudos