Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD8675309
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on over-the-air antenna

Jump to solution

I think i mis spoke if i unplug the antenna it still shows just 1 bar....i swore that it was showing 5 when totally unplugged this morning but i was very tired 😩

JD8675309
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same here....all seems ok except the signal strength meter not working but it was fine before the update

EdT
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Interesting I have been breaking my head over this issue since last October 2020 thinking there was something wrong with my OTA setup that was working fine for over 11 years. First I thought it was my drop amp was faulty then I thought it was LTE interference as Telus installed a 5G transmitter not more than 20 feet from my antenna during the same time, but you point it out it also can be the Roku firmware as well !

ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

No it's in the update, not your TV. Something that I do suggest to you is put a LTE filter on your antenna since your antenna is only 20 ft from the cell tower. 

0 Kudos
Tmel0517

Jump to solution

ive noticed the same thing im glad im not crazy too hope this gets fixed

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Couple of other postings in this Community regarding this happening after update 10.5.  Does not seem to affect performance of the channels though, just reporting strength inaccurately.  My other non-RokuTVs don't have any OTA channel strength indicator, the OTA channel just tunes in and works.  As long as the Channel tunes in and works on your RokuTV, I personally wouldn't worry about it.  Easiest fix may be just for Roku to remove the strength indicator altogether.

I am on build 4198, but anticipate that this issue will most likely be addressed in a future build update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

I have the same symptom here on my Samsung ROKU TV.  I spent about an hour with one of the chat agents (Venkat) with no resolution.  Of course, I also have all the connectivity issues as well.  Worst service and experience I've ever had.

EdT
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA

Jump to solution

Already have CM-3201 filter and it didn't do anything. I think the signal is what is called "Spurious LTE Emissions" and there is nothing that can solved this issue once a pre-amp or drop amp is used. Have to settle for turning the amp off to receive just a few of the local channels or else the TV's tuner overloads, tried attenuators even to no avail.

bugtussle
Channel Surfer

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

Hi folks, My TCL 50" 4 series just updated to 10.5 today and now the antenna signal meter is stuck on one bar. I use the meter for tuning my antennas and hope a fix will come for this, thanks.

Pedro123
Streaming Star

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

Welcome to the no antenna signal discussion. This has been going on for months and TCL refuses to fix, even though a software update would do it.

Don't know why, but don't look for a fix anytime soon. Last TCL for me.