Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

Yes mkellogg,

I had similar results if you look at my post on page 18 of this thread. 5 Bars - then Black Screen - on 1 particular TV. I'm afraid this issue has far more underlying issues than this team of stagnant non professionals will be able to address. I think the problem is connected to poor coding, along with subpar tuner hardware that has found it's way into 100's of thousands of TVs. I also think that as almost is always the case, when a company hits a huddle that is not in the favor for potential profit, they all do one thing.  Start new, with new hardware, new software, and collapse support for the ones who bought their products and kept them alive to begin with. I think you will see a change if/when A.) New tuner Hardware is Tested, Approved, and selected for Production - with ALL New roku sets, and B.) New code is written, tested, approved for said sets. My apologies, but, if i may get off topic, briefly:  My current issue with the bars/or lack of, has been surpassed by a worse ota tuner/firmware catastrophe. When watching OTA channels on my Newest 10.5.0 (manufac. end of 2021), the audio and video fall hopelessly out of sync. The program will Replay - Repeat a portion of dialog,  then garble forward trying to catch up, sometimes it does, most times it's off Seconds. This is all relative to usb and live tv pause functionality (and yes i have tried 20 diff usb, 2readers , 2+ microsd). I called the manufacturer - Know what they basically said? 'Maybe you need to contact ROKU - here's the phone number'. what a crock. so, basically, if you want to watch live ota with the new one, you either pull out the usb and cancel pause features,  or listen to repeats, garbles, and try to get back in sync by changing channels, rewinding, pause/play. What a D* Mess. I'm about ready to let this new one meet the box, and get back the Westinghouse they castrated the firmware on, down to 10.0.2 (that nobody else seems to have gotten or seen). Whew.

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

OwnerofPoorDevices,

I think you miss the point. Yes you can use it. You know it's broke. What about 99.X% of everybody else that buys (or rescans) and just thinks the roku platform is Junk for Watching OTA TV (poor signal/Weak Tuner module? It may very well be, now, the Poorest choice for a TV (using 10.5.0) due to this "Low priority issue', 'small stuff', you call it. It may appear small to you, give it time, .... boom chucklucka boom, who gonna watch that Dinosaur...

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don't jump to a conclusion like you. Just, because this issue is happening to my TV that does not mean that I will never buy another Roku TV again. I consider the problem to be mildly annoying.  

0 Kudos
noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Gripsz

Don't tell me that my TV hardware is incapable of something it was doing just fine before they broke the reception bars with a software update.  It has NOTHING to do with the TV hardware.  It has everything to do with a lousy development team not prioritizing an issue that is clearly annoying a ton of people.

snippits
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Don't know how, but my signal strength meter started working today.  No there was not an update.  The last update on my TV was 12/16/21 version 10.5.0 build 4210.  That update did not fix it.

Like magic my meter is working again.  What gives?

0 Kudos
FishTank
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What gives is time.  Give it a few minutes and it will stop working.  Just hope not in the middle of an antenna adjustment.

0 Kudos
snippits
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yup quit working again.

Today is the first time the signal strength meter worked since Roku software update broke it.  But like you said that did not last.

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

They finally got my older TCL. Bars are gone and I want them back. They're necessary with a rotor.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As I've stated previously in this thread, I have already passed along the information and concerns from the Community posts to the appropriate Roku team that is investigating this issue. We appreciate your patience during this time. Rest assured, once more information is available, I'll be updating this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

"Hi everyone, sorry we broke thousands of TVs over 3 months ago! We're aware of it and frankly don't care enough to fix it because we don't make money from OTA TV! Know your place as paying customers and sit down and shut up. Cross your fingers, hope and pray that maybe your TV will function as a TV sometime in 2022! We could easily let all of you roll back to firmware 10.0 where you all had working products back at the end of summer 2021- but we're not going to because screw you. Sorry not sorry! 😄

Roku"