Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dswiss

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

This exact same problem started on my TCL a few days ago. 
We use OTA almost exclusively, and our experience is that the TCL/Roku system has not been working well for us: signal strength shows one bar on all channels, changing channels only works one at a time and is ever so slow, OTA guide works one day and not another day, frequent rescanning required as channels drop out for no reason, time display is totally wrong, etc, etc.

Smart TV gone dumb!!!

Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue of one bar on all channels where most were 5 bars before. Reception seems about the same.

Roku TV 7104X.

TCL model 49S405.  Software 10.5.0 Build 4201-30.

Definitely a software issue after trying two different antennas with same results .

With antennas disconnected still shows one bar but also shows "no signal". 

Relieved it's not the hardware. Hopefully there will be a fix if enough complain.

Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Dswiss 

I've noticed the problem with the time yesterday. I have no trouble selecting the channels quickly as long as I highlight the channel itself and move up or down keeping the button depressed. 

Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Posted earlier on Westinghouse with same problem. Since then, and in the past couple days, 2 other Roku TVs have updated with same Flawed results. All 3 are on new firmware 10.5.0 Build 4201-XX. Westinghouse, InFocus, and TCL. So, it's not relative to TV Brand, but in Build 10.5.0 Build 4201-xx. 'XX' is different on differing TVs:  AX, AW, and 48. Looks like if they were working on it, they wouldn't Push the update to my other 2 sets Unfixed.

Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Forgot to mention, beside the signal meter non-functional, Live TV Guide for OTA channels sometimes gets the results mixed up and 1 off. i.e. Guide - You see miss America pageant on channel 40.3, and Superbowl on 40.2.  then tune in to Football and it's Actually good looking Girls 🙂 . What a screw-up!

Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is also a list of the "secret" menus at:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/3s5rj3/i_think_ive_found_all_the_secret_screens/

Home:5, FF:3, RW:2.............Secret Screen
Home:5, U, R, D, L, U..........Secret Screen 2
Home:5, U, D, U, D, U..........Wi-Fi Secret Screen
Home:5, FF, PP, RW, PP, FF.....Platform Secret Screen
Home:5, FF, D, RW, D, FF.......Antenna Secret Screen
Home:5, RW:3, FF:2.............Bit Rate Override
Home:3, U:2, R, L, R, L, R.....Developer Settings
Home:3, U:2, L, R, L, R, L.....Channel Info
Home:5, R, L, R, L, R..........Network
Home:5, U, RW:2, FF:2..........Reboots Device

and a video about them at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3DgM63ZC4g

Where they also list enable audience audio (sound for both speakers and headphones):

Volume up x2, Volume Down x2, Volume up x3, Volume Down x3

Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Gripsz wrote:

Live TV Guide for OTA channels sometimes gets the results mixed up and 1 off. i.e. Guide - You see miss America pageant on channel 40.3, and Superbowl on 40.2.  then tune in to Football and it's Actually good looking Girls 🙂

This isn't that uncommon for many TV listing services.

I have seen wrong program listings and channel lineups on TitanTV and whatever database Hauppague WinTV uses.

My local OTA channels sometimes move the programming around on their sub-channels.

This information takes some time to propagate down to the various listing services.

Yell at them and they usually fix it within a few days.

You can bet Roku doesn't actually compile the TV program and channel list themselves but gets it from some central database outfit.

Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It may not be Uncommon For You to have screwy Channel Lineup on your Titan Hauppage or whatever You are using, But i can tell you This - I have used these Roku TVs Daily for over a Year and have NEVER tuned into a channel listing and got another program instead. So, don't try to paint it to be some listings compiler, This Never happened until this 10.5.0. Furthermore, I have Never seen or had a mistuned channel on the Tablo device listings, or the Fire Tv Recast Listings in the year<s> i have been using them. Sorry if that sounds gruff or condescending, but your reply sounded a little too voodoo smoke for my experience with the channel lineups/Mis-lineups.  Also, forgive me for saying so, but aren't you at all concerned about spewing out instructions for people to tear up their TVs with hack toy tools they don't understand and need to leaved alone. Let the programmers fix the issues, not the clients create some more. Secret? Nothing secret about it, just something you or others didn't know about, and still don't need to know about. There was a day when i would been overjoyed to go through every hidden menu, but my playing days are about over and i just want to watch TV. If they don't fix it, i'll push it in a corner of a room and go Buy one that works like i want it to (with more than 3 hdmi ports ill add), or better yet, hook back up the LG. And, hook up one of the upteenth Roku Boxes that got boxed away when i went down this path of dumbing and slowing down the TVs with roku. Again, sorry for my rant, all's Good..  or is it 'Life's Good' <w>

mkellogg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

re:Nemo288

Thanks for the additional menu information.  I like to have a bit more control over my television and since it is out of warranty, what the heck!  Thanks again!

Choo57
Reel Rookie

Re: Antenna Signal After April 8th Update

Jump to solution

mine not working after 10.5 update please fix

0 Kudos