Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but my signal strength meter has been working sporadically and inconsistently on a couple of channels. When I say "working" I mean not the usual one bar but several bars. It happens unexpectedly but does not last very long. 

I have 10.5 update as of December 17th, 2021, but my signal strength failure goes back about a year.

This is not the "fix" I had hoped for so I'm not sure what's going on - which is usual dealing with Roku.

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Does anyone think Roku is going to notify everyone on this forum they fixed the problem they created? Now more than a few here including me have recently posted they regained meter function by following a few simple instructions.  Evidently there's more than one solution posted. There's the secret screen and the manual software update check accessed thru the menu settings. I used the latter method a couple weeks ago posted by  another forum member which is now consistently working on my TCL. You can read my posts on what I did or continue to say nothing works and complain.

0 Kudos
mheebs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is most definitely not fixed for everyone including myself. Yes, I have tried everything suggested in this lengthy thread. Care to explain or are we allowed to continue to "complain"? And the secret menu is by no means a fix.

Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"There's the secret screen and the manual software update check accessed thru the menu settings."

Yes, that's what Roku intended as a "fix", the "update" and a "secret screen" that only those on this forum know about.

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I think this is getting out of hand. If Your TV starts working out of the blue, without any Version # update, i think you need to be Glad, and keep your mouth Shut - For Two or Three Months. Just as long as it's been Broke! (For everyone's sake that the Problem persists) It's been Broke longer for allot of people, and what does it help to give them an inkling that they don't have to do their job and fix it - they already know how to do that.  And as far as all the commentary on flicted key strokes, and playing with so called secret menus, I can't censor your thoughts as such, but i wish you would start a new thread on it.  Going into hidden menus is Not going to fix diddly. The problem here is Simple - 1- Hit the OK button on Over the Air Broadcast    2- See a Signal bar indicator that is correct for that Station. That's All i want to see working, that's how it Worked for years Before 10.5.0..

noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

wmk-

"You can read my posts on what I did or continue to say nothing works and complain."

How many times do people need to tell you that the fix doesn't get pushed to all manufacturers or models at the same time?  You think we are all thick?  You are either extremely naive, or totally trolling the thread.

Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You don't get it. And I doubt you even read any of my previous posts. People are lazy. Keep complaining and wait for a new update that may or may not fix their problem. We all have the same software. Look for a problem at your end. There are workarounds that work. Not saying the meter will work 100% all the time. Sometimes just rebooting the live tv channel on the home screen will do the trick if you've previously gotten the meter to work. I've had 100% success with a power restart when nothing else works.

0 Kudos
noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't get it?  I'm a software engineer, and I don't get it?  Time to mute.

JB43
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Nemo288 wrote:

Hey that worked on my 2021 TCL 55R635! Did you find that online or figure it out yourself? If the latter how did you go about that?

Haha, it's funny because I just sorta figured it out by combining the data Mike-E's post on Wednesday with the data from your post (also on Wednesday) about how most codes start with FIVE home button presses and it worked first try.

@Mike-E wrote:

Wmk, Can you CONFIRM this sequence, because it does NOT work on my TCL series 5 tv set:

@Nemo288 wrote:

Most of the "secret screen" access sequences I have start with FIVE Home buttons.

There are some upset people in this thread so I'll probably have to bow out here, but it was suggested that perhaps all this talk of "secret menus" should be taken to another thread. The truth is that when you Google search "Roku TV signal bar", this thread is the first one to pop up.

Nobody is suggesting that this secret menu is a permanent fix. Roku does seem to be aware of the issue and has even stated that "we are working on a fix and we do not have a time frame to provide", so in the meantime, for those of us who need a quick way to check/fix a legitimate signal strength issue, the secret menu does work and we can get back to watching the television programing of our choice.

In my case, I had poor signal strength due to a coax cable that got a staple put through it, so I needed a way to check the signal and now that I'm back to full power, I don't honestly care about that little signal strength meter. Most of us try watch the actual television programs on the TV and try not to fixate on the signal strength bar. I was just happy to have located this discussion and the secret menu and I wished to share with the Roku community what worked for me to correct a one time signal issue that I was having.

I hope for everyone's sake, that Roku/vendors can correct this simple user interface issue ASAP!

Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the even handed, cogent, post. That kinda says it all for many of us.