Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

I think that's referring to the navigation arrows. Up down left right and ok in the center.

I got the meter to work thru the menu options Which I explained thoroughly in my recent posts. Go to:

settings/system/system update/check now.

0 Kudos
Mike-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Cool, that worked, but there's a timing to it where you have to do it all fairly fast in order for it to work. Thanks!

Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If it stops working and check update doesn't restore. Do a restart.

Settings/system/power/system restart.

0 Kudos
FishTank
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This sequence is not working for me, regardless of entry speed.  Are you entering this sequence from the Menu or while on Live TV?

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Try rebooting live tv and/or do a power restart thru the menu.

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You do check update thru the menu. I would also exit live tv first. Entry speed shouldn't matter. Re-enter live tv and try several channels.

0 Kudos
JB43
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did it from the home screen. I pressed "home" once, let it sit at that screen for 15 to 30 seconds, then keyed in the 11 key sequence with about a half second between keys. The entire sequence took about 6 seconds and that menu pops up almost immediately. Sorry if it's not working on your model. Mine is a TCL 65S405 from 2018 or 2019 I think.

Mike-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Do it from the HOME screen. Go there first, wait a few seconds, then do the sequence. Make SURE the remote is pointed at the tv, and that you hear the "donk" noises every time you hit a key. If not, that key may not have been accepted for some reason.

0 Kudos
Mike-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ber would be FANTASTIC for antenna pointing, but I've never seen it change, so I don't believe it's actually going to show ber. Mer certainly helps, but Ber would help even more. Not sure what rssi is.

noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for everyone posting about the signal strength hidden menu, with very precise instructions.  At least you can do some troubleshooting this way.  Wish there was a shortcut, or a way to automate this sequence.  No idea why they hide the feature.  At the very least, until they fix the GUI on each channel, they should just make this feature directly accessible off the main menu.

I guess that would be too be obvious, eh?  (SMH)